PDA

View Full Version : Venethrax's Feat and AOE Duration

Writer@Large
04-08-2010, 03:02 AM
It's already being interpreted different ways in the Cryx forums, so I figure a quick clarification from an Infernal will nip it in the bud early:

Do the AOEs created by Vernethrax's feat last only for the duration of the feat?

--W@L

dhow tocor
04-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Why are we asking a rules question about a model that is not even released yet?

For all we know the previewed card is the wrong version.

Aldarionn
04-08-2010, 09:03 AM

For all we know the previewed card is the wrong version.

Somehow I doubt its the wrong version.

That aside, I believe the clouds last until the end of the feat. They are created as a direct result of the feat which says it lasts for one round, so to me it seems logical that the ability to create, and the duration of the cloud effects lasts for one round beginning at the time the feat is used, and ending at the start of the next Cryx player turn.

Draekon Darkstorm
04-08-2010, 09:25 AM
I agree, it would have to be a round, otherwise the second part of the feat, where models suffer 1 damage point when they enter would never come into play.

Draekon

Gourge
04-08-2010, 09:34 AM
I must say this could be the best method for Q/A on a new caster. Before you pump out thousands of cards, send a leak out and let the people who will play with/against it rip the rules apart. Review the posts and add/make corrections.

BRILLIANT!!

My only problem is that the AoEs from the feat are not :Cont-Corrosion: but :Cont-Fire:

To me it doesn't fit.......

FederationX
04-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Then there'd be lots of questions about Caustic Presence maintaining the corrosion, even though the feat says it ends in after one round.

Writer@Large
04-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Because PP has officially previewed the card and people are already playing him.

--W@L

Macallan
04-14-2010, 01:19 PM
When this feat expires, all Charnel Flames AOEs also expire.