PDA

View Full Version : Losing LOS during charge movement

Pseudog
11-11-2013, 07:41 PM
First of all, let me apologise for the picture. However, I decided to do that beautiful piece of fine art to illustrate the situation. Some may find it offending, but that is the risk you have to take with art.

Question: If a model has line of sight to its charge target when declaring charge, but loses line of sight completely to the target during charge movement because terrain blocks view, is the charge still legal? (End of question)

For illustrating the situation the green area is forest, orange blob is charging model and red one is the target.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh136/pseudok/pikkuiset/dyagramm_zps0cf737a1.png

Crate123
11-11-2013, 07:45 PM
You only check LOS at the beginning of the charge and when you actually stop to make the attack, the entire time you move the model you do not check for LOS.

Pseudog
11-11-2013, 07:53 PM
So we can call it (drums) a blind charge? (a clash)

Damn, it was then played wrongly to my advantage, though luckily not in an entirely game changing situation. The whole affair felt so very counter-intuitive, when losing LOS was so blatantly obvious. Ah well. Live and learn.