PDA

View Full Version : Warspears + Blood Drinker

regleant
11-13-2013, 05:50 AM
Do Warspears benefit from Blood Drinker? It seems to me that they would, as the only thing that would otherwise cause their activation to end is the lack of other actions (as opposed to say, Berserk where it's clear you have another action to perform).

I guess related to this - can a Warmonger use Blood Drinker even if there are no models in range for Berserk?

Thanks!

I tried searching for this - surprised nothing came up.

Crate123
11-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Yup you can, the obvious use is for a berserking Warmonger but all ogruns can use it, including Warspears and Thagrosh.

solkan
11-13-2013, 06:02 AM
Do Warspears benefit from Blood Drinker? It seems to me that they would, as the only thing that would otherwise cause their activation to end is the lack of other actions (as opposed to say, Berserk where it's clear you have another action to perform).

The lack of anything else to do doesn't cause a model to end its activation. The model might not have anything interesting to do, but ending action doesn't cause the model's activation to end immediately. The end of activation happens later, unless you have an effect like Blood Drinker or running which causes it to happen prematurely/"immediately". So Warspears can benefit from Blood Drinker.

Both Blood Drinker and Berzerk trigger off of the same thing. So for any particular destroyed model, you choose one or the other. If you choose Blood Drinker, the model heals and it's done. If you choose Berzerk, you don't heal and you make another attack.

regleant
11-13-2013, 07:36 PM
That's what I thought. I wanted to be sure before I started using it in games. Thanks!