PDA

View Full Version : Light Cavalry "No Boost" Mount Attack ?

toxicwisdom
04-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Just reading over the rules again ( for the Hordes online field test ) and something caught my attention, so I was looking for clarity...

Using the Tharn Wolf Riders as an example: If the models declare a charge ( moving in excess of three inches ) and use their Mount as the initial attack, then is this correct...

01. the attack is simply 2d6 + POW ?
02. the attack is not Boosted ?

Furthermore, if that is the case - then the model could use its Javelin on the Charge ( with Boosted rolls ) then its Mount for a second attack ?

The Big Picture:

Assault Order... throw Javelins ( reroll miss ) WM 3d6 + P/S ?
Charge with Javelin ( if target is still alive ) gaining Boosted damage roll ?
Charge with Javelin ( if target is removed ) no DMG Boost against new target ?
Additional attack with Mount at straight 2d6 + POW ?

kaapelikala
04-10-2010, 04:26 AM
Since Charging boosts the Charge attack and mounts are never boosted for anything you won't get 3D6+PS for damage.

You can assault, throw spear, stick charge with spear and bite with the pony.

Or if the original target happens to die, charge fails and you won't get the charge bonus on the first attack.

jonconcarne
04-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Or if the original target happens to die, charge fails and you won't get the charge bonus on the first attack.

you won't get a first attack because you didn't get your initial target in melee, so your charge fails. just so you know.

Edit: I lied. You end your movement before your assault attack, so you do get your initial attacks. If it dies from the assault attack, you still get all your initial attacks against anyone else still in your melee, but no boosted dmg.

As I see it, Toxic Wisdom has it laid out very well aside from one minor clarification.

Assault Order... throw Javelins ( reroll miss ) WM 3d6 + P/S ?
Charge Attack with Javelin ( if target is still alive ) gaining Boosted damage roll
Initial Attack with Javelin ( if target is removed ) with no DMG Boost against new target
Additional attack with Mount at straight 2d6 + POW

toxicwisdom
04-10-2010, 08:09 PM
"...As I see it, Toxic Wisdom has it laid out very well aside from one minor clarification..."

yep, got it ( DMG ) - thanx