PDA

View Full Version : Reaving

KrisbeeKream
12-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Is reaving all or nothing? This question popped up the other day when one of my beasts died. It had 3 fury, and I had room for 5. The problem was, my surviving beast also had 3 fury. In a perfect world I would have reaved 2 fury and discarded the third, but since we weren't sure, I played it safe and took all 3. Then my beast frenzied on my caster next turn with its remaining fury. It wasn't a game ender, but it definitely cemented the question in my head!

MagnustheJust
12-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Yes, it is all or nothing.

Leonard_Dukes
12-07-2013, 03:38 PM
When a warbeast in this model's battlegroup is destroyed while in its control area, this model can reave the fury points on the warbeast. Before removing the destroyed model from the table, remove its fury points and place them on this model. [...]This model cannot exceeds its FURY in fury points as a result of reaving. Excess fury points gained from reaving are lost.

Compare this wording to that of leaching:

This model can leach any number of fury points but cannot exceed its FURY in fury points as a result of leaching.

So it would seem that while you can choose not to leach all available fury from a warbeast, you must reave all or none (up to your FURY stat).

KrisbeeKream
12-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks folks. That's how we read it too based on the same reasoning, but man that's some ambiguous wording!