PDA

View Full Version : Targetting self with channeled moving spells

Lanz
04-10-2010, 09:25 PM
This thought crossed my mind from this (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?t=18394) thread, but it's a different question, so I'm asking it here.

Say you had a warcster that could move(push/pull/place) an enemy model, could you arc the spell through an arc node, back into yourself, to get the movement effects?

IE; Could Adeptis Rahn arc Force Hammer through a Phoenix back into himself, so he can slam himself d6" away?

admanb
04-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Don't see why not. Force Hammer's a slam though... don't think you're gonna wanna do that. :P

kc7sbp
04-10-2010, 10:38 PM
You'd still be subject to LOS/positioning rules (i.e. the channeler will have to have LOS to the warcaster) and you can't choose to not do damage. As for the above mentioned scenario, if Rhan has force field up (so he can't be knocked down) and you don't think you'll do much damage to him then it seems like a sound way to get an additional d6" of movement if positioned correctly.

brotherscott
04-11-2010, 03:07 PM
You'd still be subject to LOS/positioning rules (i.e. the channeler will have to have LOS to the warcaster) and you can't choose to not do damage. As for the above mentioned scenario, if Rhan has force field up (so he can't be knocked down) and you don't think you'll do much damage to him then it seems like a sound way to get an additional d6" of movement if positioned correctly.

OK, so Rahn does this, then, since he cannot be knocked down, would have to forfeit his movement or action since this would happen on his controlling player's turn.

I realize this is more of a discussion than a rules question- but is it worth it to risk 1" - 6" of non-voluntary movement to maybe get in position and hurt one's warcaster?

admanb
04-11-2010, 03:39 PM
OK, so Rahn does this, then, since he cannot be knocked down, would have to forfeit his movement or action since this would happen on his controlling player's turn.

I realize this is more of a discussion than a rules question- but is it worth it to risk 1" - 6" of non-voluntary movement to maybe get in position and hurt one's warcaster?

Once in a blue moon it could be a game winning trick.