PDA

View Full Version : Scroll of the Will of Balasar and Force Lock

ScottMcd
12-08-2013, 08:39 PM
I did a quick search on Balasar but didn't come up with anything:

If doomshaper uses Scroll of the Will of Balasar on an enemy warbeast in melee range of a model with force lock can I choose a target not in its melee range? If so what happens?

From what I can tell, it would just change facing if it needed to and then its activation would end.

SageofLodoss
12-08-2013, 10:58 PM
Force Lock limits your advance options, but doesn't say the model with force lock is the only model that can be targeted by attacks from those that are stuck with it. So the result could be that you tell the warbeast to charge somebody else, and then then Force Lock comes into play, making you only change facing towards the chosen charge target but then you'd have to stop advancing, as force lock prevents the rest of the charge. Target not in melee range probably, so activation would end.

ScottMcd
12-09-2013, 04:39 PM
This is what I thought to, but I play with a few people that have argued you can't choose a frenzy target that the model can't get to, and that you still have to follow the frenzy target order when using the will of Balasar. I don't believe either of these to be the case and it's getting old dicing for the same rules.

SageofLodoss
12-09-2013, 04:49 PM
This is what I thought to, but I play with a few people that have argued you can't choose a frenzy target that the model can't get to, and that you still have to follow the frenzy target order when using the will of Balasar. I don't believe either of these to be the case and it's getting old dicing for the same rules.

There is no such rule. It's already built into the frenzy rules that they will choose a frenzy target they can't get to if they can't get to anyone, or if the only one they could get to is someone that can't be their frenzy target (blood creation beasts against Legion casters for instance), in which case they do failed charges towards the nearest.

Besides that, the Scroll is a rules exception ability. It breaks the 'regular' rules about how you choose a frenzy target, giving you that ability once. You carry out exactly what the special ability says, and it says you pick the frenzy target, not 'pick the frenzy target but it needs to be someone they can get to.'