PDA

View Full Version : Axis and Feora's Walls, are they real walls.

skippy35671
12-09-2013, 06:11 AM
Hello all! I've tried hard to search, and have checked both Factions FAQ threads, to no avail. As well as Google not helping either.

The question is self explanatory in the subject. The wording on the spells is "place the wall template" and mentions "models ending/beginning activation in the wall area" but my understanding is you cant technically STOP on a wall, right? So there for its a template the size of a wall, but not a true wall.

The big question is, would axis get himself a nice cover bonus, and would i need pathfinder to get over it? This came up vs an opponent about a week or so ago. He says a wall template is a wall, no ifs ands or buts about it, but i swore ive read otherwise. If anybody knows an official reasoning or whatever that would be super helpful! thank you all.

DarkLegacy
12-09-2013, 06:33 AM
Axis and Feora's wall are not linear obstacles. Compare them to Gorten's.

Gorten:

Place a wall template anywhere completely in this model's control area where it does not touch a model's base, an obstruction, or an obstacle. The wall is a linear obstacle that provides cover.

Feora:

Place the wall template anywhere complete in this model's control area where it does not touch a model's base, an obstruction, or an obstacle. When a model enters or ends its activation in the wall area, it suffers an unboostable POW 12 fire damage roll and the Fire continuous effect. Models within the wall template gain concealment.

Axis:

Place the wall template anywhere complete in this model's control area where it does not touch a model's base, an obstruction, or an obstacle. When a model enters or ends its activation in the wall area, it suffers 1 damage point.

Gorten's wall tells you it provides cover and is a linear obstacle, thus you can't end on it. Feora's and Axis' don't, thus you can and they only provide what they state.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
12-09-2013, 06:36 AM
If some ability said about Wall Template, then you place Wall Template. It gives cover.

edit: Judge's post is right. :(