PDA

View Full Version : Drag and disabled

Sword of Cyriss
01-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Can you "drag" a model through a "disabled" model?

Thank you

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-05-2014, 12:06 PM
No. You can drag after attack is resolved. If the target was removed from table(either Destroyed or Removed) after attack, then you can't drag.

Edit: Oops. I misunderstood your question. No disabled models can block drag line because disabled models always destroyed/removed/healed before anything does. When you shoot the ranged weapon with drag there is not any disabled models.

Edit2: Seneschal actually can, but still no. Drag will stop when contact with Seneschal because it is model on the table.

Falkman
01-05-2014, 12:07 PM
No, a disabled model is still on the table. That said, I don't know of a situation where a disabled model would still be on the table when you are dragging another model, care to describe the situation you were thinking about?

lowry
01-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Are u refering to a draging over a knocked down model?

Etologi
01-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Knight exemplar seneschal i imagine.

Grey Templar
01-05-2014, 12:28 PM
No, if a model is still on the table(like a KE seneschal) you can't drag through it. Even if its disabled.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Knight exemplar seneschal i imagine.

Yeah I think that so.

Anyway you can't. Disabled Seneschal and hold the ground by Restoration is still on the table so you can't pass over that.

Ravir
01-06-2014, 08:59 AM
The only model that you can drag through is an Incorporeal model.

SunTsu
01-06-2014, 09:07 AM
The only model that you can drag through is an Incorporeal model.

Not complete answer. You can drad through any model that is legal to move through. That means not only incorporeal models, but also some effects. For example the spell curse of shadow.

Mod_Neldar
01-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Not complete answer. You can drad through any model that is legal to move through. That means not only incorporeal models, but also some effects. For example the spell curse of shadow.

Are you sure? Curse of Shadows says "advance" which is a specific type of movement. Drag is a push.

Mr. Golden Deal
01-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Are you sure? Curse of Shadows says "advance" which is a specific type of movement. Drag is a push.
You're correct.

Hell
01-06-2014, 10:04 AM
There's another situation where if a JWC died and its battle group is inert, but not wrecked on the table still. The case is still the same.

Knocked Down, Disabled, Incorporeal, etc, etc should be thought of simply as status effects and that though there will be small details in each situation, all those cases involve a model still being on the table with a very tangible presence.

Ravir
01-06-2014, 11:18 AM
For a more detailed answer: Incorporeal: "... Other models, including slammed, pushed, or thrown models, can move through this model without effect if they have enough movement to move completely past it."

Since Drag is a push, it qualifies for this condition. I believe this is the only condition that allows a Pushed model to move through another model. Martial Discipline, Ghostly, Curse of Shadows, etc., specify "advance".

yshsalas
01-06-2014, 11:22 AM
For a more detailed answer: Incorporeal: "... Other models, including slammed, pushed, or thrown models, can move through this model without effect if they have enough movement to move completely past it."

Since Drag is a push, it qualifies for this condition. I believe this is the only condition that allows a Pushed model to move through another model. Martial Discipline, Ghostly, Curse of Shadows, etc., specify "advance".

Ghostly does not allow a model to move through models. Though about half the players I see using it think it does.