PDA

View Full Version : Is Magnus the Warlord typed as a minion

Goblinz
01-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Magnus the Warlord has the rule Minion Warcaster[Skorne]. Does this make him effected by friendly faction from minions (an example is a bullsnapper's spiney growth animus). Or does this rule only make him a minion in a Skorne army. I see three possible outcomes.
1) Magnus is not a minion

2)Magnus is only a minion when included in a Skorne army as a second warlock

3)Magnus is a minion no matter what army he is include

Mod_Neldar
01-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Magnus the Warlord is an "Epic Mercenary Warcaster"

The Minion Warcaster rule doesn't change that. It simply allows him to take the place of a Skorne warlock in a Skorne army consisting of two or more warlocks. Nothing more.

Your option 1 is correct.

SunTsu
01-11-2014, 06:36 AM
Magnus the Warlord is an "Epic Mercenary Warcaster"

The Minion Warcaster rule doesn't change that. It simply allows him to take the place of a Skorne warlock in a Skorne army consisting of two or more warlocks. Nothing more.

Your option 1 is correct.

Probably I understood it not clearly enough, but I thought in 2 caster game you could always choose the second one from Minion/Mercenary lists...

Mod_Neldar
01-11-2014, 07:29 AM
Probably I understood it not clearly enough, but I thought in 2 caster game you could always choose the second one from Minion/Mercenary lists...

You can... But Magnus and all of the other Mercenary warcasters cannot work for Hordes factions because the rules don't say they can. That's why he has the special rule to trump that.

The Captain
01-11-2014, 08:41 AM
You can... But Magnus and all of the other Mercenary warcasters cannot work for Hordes factions because the rules don't say they can. That's why he has the special rule to trump that.
Precisely. Also note that if he was a Minion warcaster, he could lead a Minion army, which he cannot.

SunTsu
01-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Ah, here is it! Thanks for your answers! ^_^

Mr. Golden Deal
01-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Precisely. Also note that if he was a Minion warcaster, he could lead a Minion army, which he cannot.
Well, not really. Neither of the existing Minion pacts would allow him as a valid model choice for the army anyways. :p