PDA

View Full Version : Questions re : E. Seveys Feat

lowry
01-11-2014, 02:27 AM
Hi all

i think i already know the answers but need to confirm.

I. When e.sevey pops his feat he has to choose between taking over living grunts or doing a pow 14 to undead. He cant do half + half.
II. Can the pow 14 to undead be boosted?
III. This situation came up recently vs trolls (excuse me but i cant remember the name of the unit. Its the one where they carry the stone). E.Sevey popped his feat took over the grunts of the unit then killed the stone carrier. I said he couldnt pick up the stone again as the grunts are considered enemy solos. Am i right?

Secret8znMan
01-11-2014, 02:45 AM
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes and No. He'll be able to promote one of the grunts to be the leader again in his next turn. When that grunt get promoted however, it will have to start again at 0 fury.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-11-2014, 03:15 AM
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?120658-eSevvy-s-feat-and-Unit-Leaders

And this link will prove Secret8znMan's answer of third question.

lowry
01-11-2014, 03:47 AM
In regards to no 3, i was playing with the assumption that the stone has the "take up" rule (i didnt look at my opponents card). I knew that nxt round he would be able to promote a new leader but while under feat as the rest of his unit was considered enemy solos no one could pick up the stone.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-11-2014, 05:45 AM
In regards to no 3, i was playing with the assumption that the stone has the "take up" rule (i didnt look at my opponents card). I knew that nxt round he would be able to promote a new leader but while under feat as the rest of his unit was considered enemy solos no one could pick up the stone.

And Infernal says no. See my post above.

Celebros
01-11-2014, 05:54 AM
3. Yes and No. He'll be able to promote one of the grunts to be the leader again in his next turn. When that grunt get promoted however, it will have to start again at 0 fury.

I have heard the fury portion of this explained both ways. Has there been any clarification on this point (whether the fury is lost or carries over) or could someone explain the rationale of this position?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-11-2014, 05:59 AM
At first, they don't 'pick up' the stone. Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes unit consist with one leader(bearer) and some grunt(scribe). If the leader was killed, then one of the grunt will become new leader by field promotion rule. It is not same as Take Up ability of some weapon attachments or Standard Bearer advantage.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-11-2014, 06:02 AM
I have heard the fury portion of this explained both ways. Has there been any clarification on this point (whether the fury is lost or carries over) or could someone explain the rationale of this position?

Because if there is no unit member once then the unit was removed. After they are back to the trollblood they will manage new units as they already did, but the new units are new units, and not effect is come from original units.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-11-2014, 06:11 AM
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?29780-Fires-of-Communion-and-wiped-out-units&p=1042489&viewfull=1#post1042489

That's the link.

And, eSeverius, Hierach Severius for search. Please use their names, not nicknames in rules forum, at least once. p/e(name) is common used ways. So pSeverius is fine, but not pSevey.

Celebros
01-11-2014, 06:28 AM
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?29780-Fires-of-Communion-and-wiped-out-units&p=1042489&viewfull=1#post1042489

That's the link.

Much appreciated.