PDA

View Full Version : Where is the appropriate place to put Focus when you allocate it?

Ret Paradigm
01-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Hey guys, one of the things I'm seeing more in my Meta is when people allocate focus to a jack or beast they place the focus chip on the card in front of them instead of the model itself. This leaves me with no clue as to what has focus and what does not. All the cards look the same to me upside down across the table. Then they start to cast spells and do stuff and all these focus/furry chips are just being shuffled around their cards in front of them. One guys even places the focus on the actual model once it has been spent which to me can get really confusing. It makes you wonder if they are doing things right. Mistakes are made frequently enough in my meta that I am catching stuff all the time. So I guess my question is if there is any rule or code of conduct as to how you are to do this.

Erik

Falkman
01-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Steamroller says the following:
Tokens representing in-game effects such as focus, fury, spells, and abilities are required and must be kept adjacent to the corresponding model on the table.

Mod_Neldar
01-11-2014, 08:17 AM
Falkman has the organized play rule. I would start breaking those bad habits now and simply quitting a game when it gets too confusing in casual play.

Ret Paradigm
01-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Falkman, is it in the steamroller PDF on the PP website? If so what page? Just want a reference to show.

Mod_Neldar
01-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Falkman, is it in the steamroller PDF on the PP website? If so what page? Just want a reference to show.

It's in the Steamroller document. I believe you'll find it under Player Responsibilities.

Falkman
01-11-2014, 09:36 AM
It's on the first page under the header Player responsibilities and the sub-header Logistics. Second sentence.
In the Steamroller document.

Mr. Golden Deal
01-11-2014, 09:38 AM
It's also in Prime.

The Point of Focus
Players should use coins, colored beads, or tokens to represent focus points. During a player's control phase, place a number of tokens equal to the warcaster's current FOC next to the model. These tokens can be allocated to eligible warjacks in that warcaster's battlegroup by moving them next to those models. Remove focus points from the table as they are used. Each of a warcaster's unspent focus points next to the warcaster gives him a +1 ARM bonus.

(Emphasis mine)

Valander
01-11-2014, 10:10 AM
While it is kind of a sportsmanship issue, be ready for a TO to insist you follow what has been quoted regarding where tokens should be if you're playing in a tournament. It does tend to lead to less confusion, which is the point.