PDA

View Full Version : Animus cast by Warlock, can it be shot off by epic Eiryss?

MoN4RcH
01-12-2014, 03:48 AM
pDoomie cast the Earthborne animus onto Mulg. Can i shoot it off with eEiryss as its classed as both a spell and animus?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-12-2014, 03:55 AM
A model hit by eEiryss lose its animus and upkeep spell. Because the model have animus it will be expire when hit by eEiryss. Regardless warbeast or warlock use that, because it is animus so it will be expire.

And, although it is not important thing in this question, you shouldn't use nicknames like 'pDoomie' in rules forum because we can't know who is this exactly, and it does not good for search. But something like p/eHaley or Haley1/2 for Captain Victoria Haley and Major Victoria Haley will be fine.

jettzypher
01-12-2014, 02:22 PM
... when the warbeast's controller taps its animus, the controller is considered to be casting a spell as well as using and animus. Eiryss strips animi regardless of what model casts it, as it still remains an animus at all times.

Vorath
01-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Eiryss3 only removes spells "cast by" the person she hits. if you use your warlock to put the animus on the 'beast', then e3 shoots the beast, it does not lose the animus as it did not cast it. if you hit the caster then everything they cast (even animi that i cast) will *poof* away.

with Eiryss2, it removes it from whoever she hits, regardless of who cast it, but only on the unit/model she hits.

And remember, removing "on hit" applies before damage, so just make sure you don't have a jerk on the other side of the table trying to tell you that it only strips after damage is rolled and the "attack finishes".

Mr. Golden Deal
01-13-2014, 09:48 AM
That's wrong for a few different reasons.

Neither Eiryss2 nor 3 can remove a non-upkeep, non-animus spell effect. You can't shoot off Deflection or other non-upkeep buffs.
Eiryss3 can't remove animi regardless, so whether or not the warlock or warbeast put the animus there is irrelevant. She only removes upkeep spells.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-13-2014, 09:51 AM
Eiryss3 only removes spells "cast by" the person she hits. if you use your warlock to put the animus on the 'beast', then e3 shoots the beast, it does not lose the animus as it did not cast it. if you hit the caster then everything they cast (even animi that i cast) will *poof* away.

with Eiryss2, it removes it from whoever she hits, regardless of who cast it, but only on the unit/model she hits.

And remember, removing "on hit" applies before damage, so just make sure you don't have a jerk on the other side of the table trying to tell you that it only strips after damage is rolled and the "attack finishes".

Eiryss2 removes Upkeep Spell or Animi on hit. She can't remove Non-Upkeep Spell.

Vorath
01-13-2014, 11:05 AM
both E2/E3 cards clearly state that the Spell that is removed is an upkeep spell (or animi on e2). i didn't realize that my post seemed to indicate otherwise. my line of thought was that the distinction between them would be based around which version you are using, requiring you to hit different targets.
Since E3 states that it removes upkeep spells, by hitting the warlock you would remove any animus that they cast that is an upkeep ability since a warlock using an animus has it cast as both an animus AND a spell, ergo she hits the lock, it loses any cast upkeep animi (i'm not 100% sure if there ARE any still around, but i think there are, and if not, there may be in the future, which would fall under this rule).
E2 you just target the model/unit with the upkeep spell or animi on it, and on hitting that model/unit the upkeep spell/animi would expire, and do so before damage rolls are done.

SageofLodoss
01-13-2014, 11:15 AM
both E2/E3 cards clearly state that the Spell that is removed is an upkeep spell (or animi on e2). i didn't realize that my post seemed to indicate otherwise. my line of thought was that the distinction between them would be based around which version you are using, requiring you to hit different targets.
Since E3 states that it removes upkeep spells, by hitting the warlock you would remove any animus that they cast that is an upkeep ability since a warlock using an animus has it cast as both an animus AND a spell, ergo she hits the lock, it loses any cast upkeep animi (i'm not 100% sure if there ARE any still around, but i think there are, and if not, there may be in the future, which would fall under this rule).
E2 you just target the model/unit with the upkeep spell or animi on it, and on hitting that model/unit the upkeep spell/animi would expire, and do so before damage rolls are done.

There are no upkeepable animi. Models lose animi placed on them because her rules state that Animi are affected (for E2 at least) The interaction with warlocks casting animi as spells is limited to the fact that an animus cast by then is both an animus and a spell, and as it is an animus, it is affected and removed. Nothing more complicated than that. Even if upkeepable animi do appear, the fact that they are still animi means they are affected and the 'remove upkeep spell' would only be necessary for E3 shooting warlock.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-13-2014, 11:22 AM

No. If the warlock cast Animus then it is Animus and spell, not Animus and Upkeep Spell. You should read spell section in Prime.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-13-2014, 07:55 PM
To claryfy, not all (de)buff spells are upkeep spell. Upkeep spell is attached to designated target and stay until it is expire or caster is stops to pay upkeep cost for it. So, if the warlock cast animus then it become spell, but it doesn't become upkeep spell unless animus is upkeep. Cast animus itself is not 'upkeeping ability' and cast animus doesn't change animus as upkeeps. Only cast spell listed as upkeep spell is upkeep spell.

For example, Return Fire spell is targeting friendly model, and it last one round. As you think it is also upkeep spell, but it isn't because it says it is not upkeep spell. There is a lot of upkeep spell buff, but not all spells have lasting effect is upkeep spell.