PDA

View Full Version : Tier discount bonus on differently costed models

Lord Xalys
01-13-2014, 12:33 AM
I am trying to build a tiered list with Warwitch Deneghra (Witching Hour), which lets you add a bonejack for free if you have for or more in your list. Now I've built the list in Forward Kommander and put in two Deathrippers and two Nightwretches (4 pts each), the added a Defiler (5 pts). The program then discounts a Deathripper, instead of the Defiler. Is this a glitch in the program or is the discount meant to work on the cheapest model?

LX

SageofLodoss
01-13-2014, 12:39 AM
glitch in the program I believe. Forward Kommander can't handle every little Theme nuance and has been known to have errors before.

If the theme is worded that you get to add a bonejack for free, then you get to do exactly that. Saeryn's theme allows her to bring a free Nephilim after paying for 3 others, and there is no rule I know of that states the free one has to be one of the 5 point Nephilim instead of a 6 point Bolt Thrower.

Celeb
01-13-2014, 12:40 AM
You can bring a Defiler as you free Bonejack. Forwardkommander is a bit buggy concerning tier lists ;)

Valander
01-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Forward Kommander is not an official Privateer Press product, so should not be relied upon for rule enforcements.

The Witching Hour benefit allows you to take any bonejack of your choice; it does not need to be a certain point value (or less), or it would say so.