PDA

View Full Version : "Stacking" Animi

Joasht
01-13-2014, 03:44 AM
When a Warlock casts an aminus, does it still count as both a spell and an animus? Specifically, can you stack say, Tenacity and Spiny Growth assuming one comes from the Warlock and one comes from the Warbeast?Thanks

TheUnknownMercenary
01-13-2014, 03:46 AM
When a warlock casts an aniums is it both a spell and an animus, when a warbeast is forced to use an animus it is just an animus.

Vorath
01-13-2014, 08:32 AM
A model or unit can have only one friendly animus in play on it at a time. If another friendly animus is cast on a model or unit, the older friendly animus expires and is replaced by the new one when the affected model is hit by the animus. The older friendly animus expires if only a single model in the unit is affected by the new friendly animus. This applies to animi used by warbeasts as well as those cast as spells.
If an animus affecting a unit expires on one model in the unit, it expires on all models in the unit.

tl;dr: You cannot stack animi.

yshsalas
01-13-2014, 08:52 AM
tl;dr: You cannot stack animi.

More than one friendly animus cannot be on a model at a time. There is no limit to the number of enemy animi that can be on a model.

SageofLodoss
01-13-2014, 09:19 AM
More than one friendly animus cannot be on a model at a time. There is no limit to the number of enemy animi that can be on a model.

Yeah, a note for the future. In MKI there were a few offensive animi, but in MKII currently there are none.

Vorath
01-13-2014, 10:51 AM

yeah, i had stated this in the initial post i put (the quote from the rulebook).
if you're not aware what tl;dr is, it means Too Long;Didn't Read, or commonly: in summary.
i will, mention again that you can only ever have one positive and one negative upkeep, so if you *did* have negative effect animi that you wanted to cast on a model, the newest one that is an upkeep Would Still overwrite previous upkeep spells that have a negative effect on the model/unit, so yes, there would, in that regard, be a limit to the number of enemy animi that could be on a given model.