PDA

View Full Version : Shifting Stones

CrimsonRage
01-13-2014, 05:10 AM
If the shifting stones are in formation, is it possible to shift them out of formation on purpose? I know it sounds weird but say for things like acting as a lightning rod for Chain Lightning?

The Captain
01-13-2014, 05:36 AM
Friendly trooper models cannot be placed out of formation. (Prime, p. 48: "Placed")

Canadianized
01-13-2014, 05:37 AM
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?178172-shifting-stone-formation&p=2295049&viewfull=1#post2295049

Nope. (ninja'd)

CrimsonRage
01-13-2014, 06:53 AM
I see. Thank you for the quick reply. I didn't know that the stone commander has to shift forward first so that the other stone models can shift into formation.

Caladian
01-13-2014, 07:02 AM
If that is the case, does that mean that you are allowed to measure command when the troopers are shifting?

solkan
01-13-2014, 07:31 AM
If that is the case, does that mean that you are allowed to measure command when the troopers are shifting?

You can always measure command range for models in a unit during the unit's activation. That's part of the formation rules.

A unit's controller can measure the distance between the unit commander and a model in its unit anytime during that unit's activation.

Nothing special about the shifting stones in that regard.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
01-13-2014, 09:55 AM

Solkan's post above is correct. In addition, you moves the model first, then measure command range between unit commander and shifted unit member and see if it is in the range. If it is in the range then it is complete. If it is not in range then you must rollback to the position before shifts.