PDA

View Full Version : Shifting Stones lose the UA

desertwarlock
01-13-2014, 02:56 PM
How do the Shifting Stones regroup after losing their UA, if the remaining Shifting Stones are left farther than 4" apart from each other?

I'm thinking that since the only one left in formation would be the leader it shifts close enough to one or both so that they are all in formation again while the others cannot shift because they are out of formation. Therefore to get them all into formation it could take up to two rounds, as the leader gathers them up. Correct?

Canadianized
01-13-2014, 02:57 PM
You are 100% correct, sir.

Caladian
01-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Sure about that? Pg48 primal says that when an ability of the unit commander forces him to be placed his isn't under the restriction of moving into formation. So, my reading of it, is that the unit commander of the stones can shift to its hearts content but the other two can't unless it puts them information with the unit commander.

Grey Templar
01-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Yes, the leader stone will have to shift to bring the others into command range and the others will be unable to do anything till they are in command range.

So it can easily mean it takes a couple rounds to get them back into formation.

Canadianized
01-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Sure about that? Pg48 primal says that when an ability of the unit commander forces him to be placed his isn't under the restriction of moving into formation. So, my reading of it, is that the unit commander of the stones can shift to its hearts content but the other two can't unless it puts them information with the unit commander.
Seeing as the OP question is about regrouping, yes, I'm sure.

If you don't care about regrouping, then your leader can go wherever until it gets killed, then you field promote and the next one does the same thing, then you field promote your last stone, etc. I've done that before.

Caladian
01-13-2014, 05:28 PM
the rule doesn't say that the command needs to go to them. All it says is that the troopers can't place themselves unless the placement puts them in formation. Am I missing a rule that isn't on pg48 primal that says that the unit commander needs to collect the troopers?

Crate123
01-13-2014, 05:35 PM
the rule doesn't say that the command needs to go to them. All it says is that the troopers can't place themselves unless the placement puts them in formation. Am I missing a rule that isn't on pg48 primal that says that the unit commander needs to collect the troopers?

"Place each model in this unit that is in formation anywhere within 8 of its current location"
So the stone needs to be in formation to shift at all, thus the leader needs to pick up the strays, they cant return to the fold themselves.

Caladian
01-13-2014, 05:39 PM
Duh... sorry, thanks!