PDA

View Full Version : Death Strike

HighSerraphim
04-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Is the Blood Witches Death strike considered a Melee attack, and thus able to benefit from buffs that add to melee damage such as Scything Touch?

Also, if I Death Strike a unit that is under the effect of Black Spot and kill a model, would I generate an additional attack?

TheUnknownMercenary
04-13-2010, 07:32 PM
If you mean the damage roll from Death Strike, no it is not a melee attack, in fact it is not an attack at all, it requires no attack roll to hit the chosen model. The model just takes the damage roll.
The Death Strike damage roll will not generate but you will generete one anyways from the melee attack that allowed you to trigger the Death Strike damage roll.

HighSerraphim
04-14-2010, 08:43 AM
If you mean the damage roll from Death Strike, no it is not a melee attack, in fact it is not an attack at all, it requires no attack roll to hit the chosen model. The model just takes the damage roll.
The Death Strike damage roll will not generate but you will generete one anyways from the melee attack that allowed you to trigger the Death Strike damage roll.

To clarify: Blood witches attack unit A. Kill member of unit and Death Strike unit B. Unit B has the Black Spot debuff. Would killing a member of Unit B generate an additional attack.

With regards to the first question, is the damage roll from Death Strike able to be modified by buffs such as Scything Talons?

vintersbastard
04-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Death Strike generates a damage roll. This damage roll is in no way attack-based, so any rule that references attacks, like Black Spot, or the melee attack damage roll bonus provided by Scything Touch, will not work.

HighSerraphim
04-15-2010, 08:01 AM
I thought so but wanted to make sure, as it is a property of a melee weapon.