PDA

View Full Version : Wtich Hound Vs Chain Lightning

Masanori
04-13-2010, 08:05 PM
I remember reading about this however can't seem to find it on search, but wanting to know the effects/timing of Chain Lightning n Witch Hound from RezNik.

So vat happens is
A jack is targeted by Chain Lightning and hit. a D6 is rolled for additional hits with chain lightning.

Does.
A. Witchhound kicks in immedietly after the 1st attack/damage of the spell. A model in the battlegroup immedietly moves, its speed. The lightning at that stage arcs to another model within 4 inches of the original target.

OR

B. Chain lightning hits, d6 models rolled for arcing, attack n damage, rolled. Arc lightning to models now, each one taking pow 10, and finally witch hound activates.

My reading of the spell and witch hound makes me think A is the correct answer and AS a plus, if the lightning arcs onto another battlegroup model of RezNiks, another battlegroup model will get to move again at that point.

Pls confirm or deny. thanx.

TKaz84
04-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Not sure about the timing of the ability, but Chain Lightning only hits one model. The other models it arcs to take damage but are not considered to be hit by the spell (similar to Stormcall from a Stormsmith).

TheUnknownMercenary
04-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Witch Hound would be triggered when the model gets hit but if you look at Witch Hound it states that you have to resolve the attack before you can use Witch Hound.
So the correct answer is B. You have to resolves the attack which includes any other damages roll then you can move and attack with one model because of Witch Hound.
Only the original target is hit by the spell so Witch Hound only triggers off this one model. The other models only suffer a damage roll.