PDA

View Full Version : Is this model engaged...2

divelbiss78
04-14-2010, 09:35 AM
In an earlier thread this situation was answered clearly, my question is what if 'A' was directly behind 'B' and 'C'? Still within the 2" range? Would 'A' be engaged?

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx350/agentsmith21/Models.jpg

blue loki
04-14-2010, 09:43 AM
No. Engagement requires both melee range and Line of Sight.

khaohs
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Model A, being the same size as (or smaller than) models B and C, should not be engaged by D due to LOS rules.

However, if Models B and C allowed friendly models to attack through their bases, such as "ranked attack", and A has reach, then A can engage D.

bakaryu
04-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Model A, being the same size as (or smaller than) models B and C, should not be engaged by D due to LOS rules.

However, if Models B and C allowed friendly models to attack through their bases, such as "ranked attack", and A has reach, then A can engage D.

Ranked attacks would not be necessary to attack D in this example, as the same step that disqualifies D from engaging A (crossing a base the same size or larger than the target) does not apply to A.

Small > Small > Med/Large = Valid target
Med/Large > Small > Small = Invalid target

GunMageinTraining
04-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Your a thread behind Khaohs, it's been ruled that you can draw LoS from any point of your base, to a point within your 180 degree LoS arc.

In the other thread D did in fact have LoS to A cause they could draw a line from the back of their base to a point on A that was within their Normal LoS, around B.

khaohs
04-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Your a thread behind Khaohs, it's been ruled that you can draw LoS from any point of your base, to a point within your 180 degree LoS arc.

In the other thread D did in fact have LoS to A cause they could draw a line from the back of their base to a point on A that was within their Normal LoS, around B.

The questions posed is if A is "Directly behind" B and C. But the initial post uses the same picture from prior posts relying on said picture.

divelbiss78
04-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the quick replies. So 'A' is not engaged and can't be targeted by freestrikes from 'D'.

I have getting hosed on this.

khaohs
04-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Ranked attacks would not be necessary to attack D in this example, as the same step that disqualifies D from engaging A (crossing a base the same size or larger than the target) does not apply to A.

Small > Small > Med/Large = Valid target
Med/Large > Small > Small = Invalid target

Yes, forgot to mention that. Got distracted.

Here's a link also regarding the initial post question.
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?t=17517&highlight=melee

Tionas
04-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the quick replies. So 'A' is not engaged and can't be targeted by freestrikes from 'D'.

I have getting hosed on this.

However, Free strikes have changed... so, you cant MOVE A behind B and C, and then move out for immunity to free strikes.

khaohs
04-14-2010, 10:02 AM
However, Free strikes have changed... so, you cant MOVE A behind B and C, and then move out for immunity to free strikes.

Exactly.

Keep in mind that if you scuttle B and C over so they now hide A behind them, then free strike avoided. (relying on picture as posted).

divelbiss78
04-14-2010, 10:11 AM
But if 'A' was there at the beginning of its activiation and moved out, could it be targeted by one?

divelbiss78
04-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Exactly.

Keep in mind that if you scuttle B and C over so they now hide A behind them, then free strike avoided. (relying on picture as posted).

I get you, thanks again.