PDA

View Full Version : Multiple range shots

hengist
04-14-2010, 02:18 PM
I was playing against Cygnar and there was one weapon that had D3 shots I think. Each shot hit both the target and anyone within 2 inches. My questions are:

1) If a secondary target has stealth and the firer is beyond 5" does he miss?

2) If a secondary target is out of range of the firer, does the shot miss such a target?

Stevo
04-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Can you be more specific? Was this a Warjack? Was it a Heavy or a Light? What you are describing might be the Sentinel's Strafe attack.

If it is Strafe, then the answer to both your questions is yes.

The only weapons like that in Cygnar are the Trencher Chain Gun, Sentinel Chain Gun, Finn's Mini-Slugger, and the Cyclone's cannons.

khaohs
04-14-2010, 02:32 PM
This may answer your question.
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?t=8102&highlight=strafe+range

hengist
04-14-2010, 02:53 PM
That answers my question, thank you.

guruhoro
04-16-2010, 09:37 AM
I was playing against Cygnar and there was one weapon that had D3 shots I think. Each shot hit both the target and anyone within 2 inches.

I think you've got it a bit wrong... The rule in question is probably Strafe. It does not allow d3 attacks against both the target and the other models. For example, if there were 2 secondary targets, and the model rolled a 6 for three attacks, it could either shoot
a) all 3 attacks at the primary target
b) 2 attacks at the primary target and one at one secondary target
c) 1 attack against each of the three models,
rolling separately for all attacks.
The way you phrased it sounded like it could hit each model 3 times for a total of 9 hits, which is totally not how it works.