PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Turn Time Limit

Silverburg
04-14-2010, 02:54 PM
I was browsing the SR2010 file, and I couldn't find an exact ruling on when the turn timer is started.

Does it start immediately after your opponent says his turn is over (after taking the time to reset the clock), or are you allowed a minute to think about what you're going to do before starting?

Also, does it start right away, or when you activate the first model? Does rolling off continuous effects, making fire damage rolls, leeching/allocating, and making frenzy checks/activations count against your turn timer?

luxionmk2
04-14-2010, 03:24 PM
I say you start the timer when basically your opponent hands you the timer (if you share a timer), after you reset it of course. So allocating focus will eat into your time. It's most ideal to plan your next moves during your opponent's turn :)

As for resolving continuous effect (that tend to be caused by your opponent and benefit your opponent), there's some debate about that. If it was my event, I'd say it eats into your time since it's an effect on your model. Others will allow the clock to be stopped to resolve Corrosion and Fire effects. I believe the rules do address stuff like counter-charge and such (stop the clock), but I'm not totally sure at the moment.

I just say be consistent, and when in doubt, double check with the TO about the stuff covered or not covered in the SR rules. Lastly, you can always ask your opponent what's acceptable too. If you see the potential for continuous effects taking up much of your time, be sure to work it out with your opponent before the game starts or during set up.

Hacksaw76
04-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Your TO makes these small detail calls and is always correct ;)

Silverburg
04-14-2010, 04:03 PM
That's what I figured. For large scale tournaments (Gencon for example), is that usually known ahead of time, or should I ask about it?

Cause I'd hate to be playing in hardcore, and have a pFeora run into my face, pop her feat, and force me to waste the majority of my turn dealing with that ;)

Hacksaw76
04-14-2010, 04:07 PM
That's what I figured. For large scale tournaments (Gencon for example), is that usually known ahead of time, or should I ask about it?

Cause I'd hate to be playing in hardcore, and have a pFeora run into my face, pop her feat, and force me to waste the majority of my turn dealing with that ;)
It is always safer to ask the TO, even at large events.

vintersbastard
04-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Also, does it start right away, or when you activate the first model? Does rolling off continuous effects, making fire damage rolls, leeching/allocating, and making frenzy checks/activations count against your turn timer?

Going by the rules in Prime, yes, all these things happen on your turn. See p.42, The Player Turn, the first two phases, i.e. Maintenance and Control Phase.