PDA

View Full Version : Question about Baldur and Woldwarden

deftblade13
04-14-2010, 05:10 PM
The Woldwardens "Geomancy" ability allows it to "be forced to cast one of it's warlocks spells with cost 3 or less..."

So does that mean that WW is forced normally (with 1 fury) to cast the spell or does WW need to pay the actual casting cost of the spell? (Example: 3 fury for Earth Spikes)

Or does he have to pay both? (1 fury for being forced + 3 fury for casting the spell)

Brandubh
04-14-2010, 06:05 PM
It means that you force the Woldwarden once (one fury) to cast the spell. The Warlock pays nothing for the spell (i.e. it's not channeling). The Woldwarden may then be forced further to boost.

Magx
04-14-2010, 06:43 PM
I"m really not a Geomancy expert (never did it) but...

I'm not sure about the "Warlock pays nothing for the spell".

Geomancy says : "This modelʼs controller is considered to have cast the spell but this model is its point of origin"

model's controller being the warlock

hausdorff space
04-14-2010, 06:56 PM
I"m really not a Geomancy expert (never did it) but...

I'm not sure about the "Warlock pays nothing for the spell".

Geomancy says : "This modelʼs controller is considered to have cast the spell but this model is its point of origin"

model's controller being the warlockThe Warlock is considered to have cast it for the purposes of the spell (rules, etc); however the Warlock is not casting it, so doesn't have to pay for casting it.

deftblade13
04-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Ok, cool, Ive been doing it right then, just wanted to make sure I wasnt power-cheating. lol.

DonJean
04-14-2010, 10:51 PM
It works just like the Skarlock only you have to pay one fury and can boost with further fury.

This means if it is an upkeep it replaces any version already in play. If it is something like parasite where there is a secondary effect like the +ARM it applies to the Warlock not the Wold Warden.