PDA

View Full Version : "This Model" rule

Ubergeek80
02-05-2014, 08:01 AM
I'm prefacing this thread with I'm a judge for Magic so I'm very used to reading and interpreting rules. I commonly apply the logic and skills that I've learned from those experiences to my games of Warmachine.

Magic has a specifically written rule for when a card references itself with the word, "this," or it's own name it means that specific iteration of the card. This is how I've interpreted Warmachine cards.

I've been having a debate with an acquaintance about a Warmachine unit and how it's interpreted. I asked on a thread that was recent and I was told that, "the this model rules are clear." For the life of me I cannot find these rules in prime/primal, on this forum, the SR document, anywhere. I've asked more one PG where these rules exist. None know. Where are they? Or is this just a commonly accepted practice/knowledge?

DarkLegacy
02-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Last sentence on Page 28 of Prime.

Rynth
02-05-2014, 08:07 AM
I don't have a page reference, but under Game Terms: "In a model’s rules, “this model” always refers to the model carrying the rule."

Ubergeek80
02-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Thank you. Apparently I either missed it twice or temporarily forgot how to read,