PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Special Attacks

SoulStryder
04-15-2010, 02:58 AM
Hey, a friend mentioned this to me as an option and I thought I recalled it not being legal, so I looked it up. On page 49 of the rule book (under "combat actions") it lists what your combat action options are. Easy enough. It then says you may be able to make additional attacks and that each additional attack is a "normal attack" (which is specified in the first paragraph of that section). Right after *that* however, it goes on to give an example with Thunderhead kicking off multiple Energy Pulse special attacks; which way is it? When you boost for extra attacks are they allowed to just be special without any extra cost? With that, would someone boosting for an additional attack have to spend an extra (2) focus to make that extra attack a power attack? Thanks!

kaapelikala
04-15-2010, 03:26 AM
A *Attack is made instead of the model's initial attacks. Since you only have one set of initial attacks you can't make more than one *attack per activation (unless via some magical means you get extra initial attacks).

So when a T-head is shooting, it can do first the *Attack (Pulse?) and two normal attacks bought with focus.

ResurrectioN
04-15-2010, 03:26 AM
Only one special attack in combat action is possible.

Tunderhead buys additional normal attacks after Energy pulse.

SoulStryder
04-15-2010, 03:33 AM
Oh, now I see the problem; I misread the secondary description; it specifies one Energy Pule (* Attack) and 2 more simple Lightning Coil attacks; all the lightning motif just blended together. Thanks!