PDA

View Full Version : End of movement effects and units

magix
02-06-2014, 11:21 PM
For effects that trigger at the end of movement like Admonition "when enemy model advances and ends it movement" does it trigger immediately after someone advances a model in a unit full SPD ahead within range or when the whole unit's movement phase ends?

Thanks!

grotznif
02-06-2014, 11:25 PM
It triggers when "an enemy model advances and ends it's movement".

So it will trigger as soon as the first model ends it's movement within 6".

magix
02-07-2014, 01:42 AM
don't they end movement as a unit though? I guess what I'm asking is does unit movement happen simultaneously?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
02-07-2014, 02:06 AM
don't they end movement as a unit though? I guess what I'm asking is does unit movement happen simultaneously?

No. Each unit member perform, end its movement seperately, as each model.

If the trigger says model/unit end movement, then the ability triggers when the unit's movement is finished, which means every unit member finishes moving, but it is diffrent with individual model's movement.

MaGoff
02-07-2014, 02:12 AM
It depends on the triggering effect. Many of them states "When a model advances and ends its movement...", and in those cases it is on a "per model basis". That means that you check the trigger for each model that ends its movement, which can happen multiple times when a Unit advances.

For example Counter Charge:
Enemy unit activates, and model 1 moves to within 6" of a Drakhun. He decides to not Counter Charge.
Model 2 moves to within 6" of the Drakhun. He decides to not Counter Charge.
Model 3 moves to within 6" of the Drakhun. He decides it is now time to Counter Charge.
Resolve the Counter Charge.
Resume the rest of the enemy unit's activation.

magix
02-07-2014, 03:14 AM
I guess that clears it up. Thanks guys!

yshsalas
02-07-2014, 05:16 AM
Also applies for the Harbinger and Old Witch's feats. Damage is done after each model moves not after the unit completes movement.