PDA

View Full Version : Charging/Forcing/Regen

Feverdream
02-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm wrong on this, and I didn't fight it when it happened. But there's that petulant brat in me, that nagging voice, that wants me to be wrong. To be the proverbial Nelson Muntz that can turn around and go "Ha! Ha!"

Scene:

Sturm and Drang with Watcher, hiding behind two Warhogs. eKaya, Warped for speed, sends Feral after pig. Upon making contact with charge target, the target moves a bit to the side arc, takes his free attack and damage. Rolled 3 sixes on the boost, crushing two of the Warpwolf's aspects.

Before the attack happens, the Warpwolf is forced to regenerate, then charge attack happens as normal and Warhog is destroyed.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's legal, but I don't want it to be. And people in hell want ice water.

SageofLodoss
02-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Legal I'm afraid. He can be forced to regenerate once per turn at any point in his activation as long as he isn't interrupting a movement or action, and the moment where you complete the charge movement but before making the charge attack is a valid time. Just like how a Warcaster can finish a charge move, cast a spell on themselves before making the attack, the do the attack.

Feverdream
02-10-2014, 06:59 PM
On one last whinging note. Had I moved, gored, scored a critical and knocked him down, would then he force to get back up, but that would also force him to regenerate, AND then he wouldn't get the charge off at all?

SageofLodoss
02-10-2014, 07:08 PM
On one last whinging note. Had I moved, gored, scored a critical and knocked him down, would then he force to get back up, but that would also force him to regenerate, AND then he wouldn't get the charge off at all?

No, he can't get back up if you knocked him down with a crit. There are two issues preventing that:

1) A model can't get back up on the same turn it was knocked down, unless it is affected by an ability which allows it to.
2) Forcing to stand is something done early in the turn, before activation phase, not during the beast's activation.

TheUnknownMercenary
02-10-2014, 07:09 PM
The model cannot be forced to stand up during its activation, it can only be forced to shake the effect during the control phase.

Grey Templar
02-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Yeah, what happened was legal. Provided the uncrippled aspect was Spirit.

The regeneration is an "at any time" ability.

Saraminss
02-11-2014, 03:45 AM
the issue I would have is that if it is the warpwolf's activation how is the warhog forcing to boost out of activation?

The Captain
02-11-2014, 03:52 AM
the issue I would have is that if it is the warpwolf's activation how is the warhog forcing to boost out of activation?
Because Watcher attacks are automatically boosted, the beast itself does not need to do it.

Saraminss
02-11-2014, 04:53 AM
that makes sense then... I don't know that model so I though I would ask thanks

Feverdream
02-11-2014, 06:39 AM
My beautiful retaliation, ruined by legal rules!

Anyway, I knew it was legal, but, y'know... JUUUUUUST making sure. Next time, Gore.

Question(s) answered. Lock thread away. :)