PDA

View Full Version : Special Ranged Attacks & Assault

Trevy the Great
02-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Hey folks! I was reading Lord General Stryker's card this afternoon and noticed that Assault reads; "...after moving but before making its charge attack, a model with Assault can make one ranged attack targeting the model charged..."

Pretty cool rule. This brought up a couple of questions for me:
A. Can a model Assault and make a Special attack using a ranged weapon? Example: a Sentinel in Stryker3's Battlegroup charges a model and before making its charge attack, uses its Strafe Special Attack to fire D6 times at the charge target at secondary targets within 2".

If so...

B. Can the Thunderhead in Stryker3's battlegroup charge and make an Energy Pulse special attack? Assault specifies that the ranged attack must target the charge target, but Energy Pulse "does not require a target." Does this preclude the Thunderhead from making such an attack?

Thanks folks!

Trevy the Great
02-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Dang, missed this (https://privateerpressforums.com/archive/index.php/t-156693.html) in my search... never mind...

Valander
02-11-2014, 09:01 AM
For those who don't want to follow the link:

A. Assault specifically grants a normal ranged attack. Special Attacks are not normal attacks, so cannot be used as the Assault-granted attack.

B. See A.