PDA

View Full Version : Timing Question: Movement vs KD/Blind/eHaley

GunMageinTraining
04-15-2010, 11:10 AM
This has been a question I've had for awhile, and I pose it to you all.

In the case of a warcaster/warlock who is KDed, Blinded, or suffers from a feat like eHaley which makes them give up half their activation.

Assuming they give up their actions to move, they are still allowed to cast spells, but are they allowed to cast spells after they complete their movement?

I have no problem with the wording on casting spells, using feats or other abilities prior to moving/advancing, but is there a phase that comes after movement that they can use to also cast spells or use abilities (that's not the action phase)? Wouldn't their activation end the moment they end their movement?

Invader Larb
04-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Yes.

A caster may cast spells before or after movement, even if they sacrifices their action to stand up or to some other effect. Casting spells may be doine at any time other than during a combat resolution and does not require a "phase" to do so.

I hope that helps.

Mod_Redphantasm
04-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Casting spells may be done at any time. You do not need an action to cast spells. A model that lost it's action, then sacrified it's movement to stand up, can still cast spells.

GunMageinTraining
04-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Really? I thought if you lost both, you lost both... There's no activation to weave the spells around.

TheUnknownMercenary
04-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Just because a model has lost it's action and movement does not mean it has lost it's activation.