PDA

View Full Version : pLylyth Bad Blood affects Reaving as well?

Iron Devil
02-15-2014, 10:47 PM
We started playing Hordes today, and as you can probably assume from the title, Lylyth used Bad Blood which states that a Warlock leeching Fury from the target Warbeast suffers a point of damage for each Fury leeched (among other things)

Well, my Warbeast was killed so I reaved him. The wording of Bad Blood states "LEECHING" and not "REAVING"

My dad thinks I should still take the damage for what I Reaved. I think not because Leeching and Reaving are different and Bad Blood does not affect Reaving.

Who is right?

Caladian
02-15-2014, 10:58 PM
This game is a very word specific game, Leaching is NOT Reaving. When leaching happens is very specific and is according to the rules in Primal pg 76.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
02-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Nothing says leech is same as reaving in rulebook, so no.

Iron Devil
02-16-2014, 12:07 AM
Thanks a bunch. That's what I argued as well, but he wanted to be absolutely sure.

TheUnknownMercenary
02-16-2014, 07:05 AM
For completeness:

Leaching is done during the Maintenance phase, when you removed fury from the warbeast and place it on the warlock.

Reaving is done when a warbeast is destroyed and you can place the destroyed warbeast's fury on your warlock.

In both cases you cannot place more fury on the warlock than the warlock's FURY stat.

SunTsu
02-19-2014, 06:10 AM
If I remember it correctly, another main difference is that by leaching the model can choose to get only part of fury points from a warbeast, while reaving is an all-or-nothing process: if a beast have 4 fury the model can reave all 4 points or no one.
In both cases obviously a warlock cannot exceed his FURY, so points in excess by reaving are lost.

Vorath
02-19-2014, 06:30 AM
from a fluff standpoint, if you consider leeching to be calming a blood-rage, then you can see how "infected blood" would hurt the warlock through a link, but when the beast dies, the warlock is able to capture the bit of magical essence out of the air before it dissipates and is not actually connected to the beast anymore since it is now dead.