PDA

View Full Version : man o war demo corps on a charge

Prophet Of Annihilation
02-19-2014, 08:18 PM
can a man o war demo corps model do an "icebreaker" *attack on a charge? as much as it pains me to say yes, everything I found in the rulebook says it's so. to quote:

" . . . it must use its action to make a combat action, choosing to make either initial melee attacks or (if it can make a special attack with a melee weapon) a melee special attack" (prime rulebook, page 47, paragraph 3).

which then leads to charge attacks for these guys rolling damage = 4d6 + POW (2d6 + 1d6 charge bonus + 1d6 icebreaker = 4d6) if they hit. which puts an awful big dent in my poor lancer.

so did we interpret this situation correctly? any help/clarification appreciated.

Wild
02-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Yes that is correct. The Demolition Corps have a choice of either Icebreaker or Backswing on the charge since it's tied to their Ice Maul and is a Special Attack.

Falkman
02-19-2014, 09:25 PM
which then leads to charge attacks for these guys rolling damage = 4d6 + POW (2d6 + 1d6 charge bonus + 1d6 icebreaker = 4d6) if they hit. which puts an awful big dent in my poor lancer.
As an aside, this is how every normal weaponmaster model works as well, it's hardly something that far out there.

Corict Archkaru
02-20-2014, 12:17 AM
if the star attack is on the weapon, then you may make the attack on the charge. eg. e kreoss can charge and do an armour piercing attack, but phoenix cannot charge and combust (i wish he could but sadly no).