PDA

View Full Version : Enliven - Question

GrimSqueaker
02-24-2014, 03:46 AM
Forgive me if this seems like a stupid question, but I like to be certain.

In a recent game an enlivened Revenger saved my life by blocking a charge from
A very nasty jack for several turns, each turn I charged the larger jack, enlivened with the vassal and during the next turn I retreated after his first attack using enliven.

The question is can my model turn (in particular turn approx 180 degrees to run away) during my full advance move from Enliven?

I know Enliven is good - but I wanna make sure I am using it right

Arractur
02-24-2014, 03:59 AM
Forgive me if this seems like a stupid question, but I like to be certain.

In a recent game an enlivened Revenger saved my life by blocking a charge from
A very nasty jack for several turns, each turn I charged the larger jack, enlivened with the vassal and during the next turn I retreated after his first attack using enliven.

The question is can my model turn (in particular turn approx 180 degrees to run away) during my full advance move from Enliven?

I know Enliven is good - but I wanna make sure I am using it right

Of course it can. And at the end of movement it can turn again.

maddermax
02-24-2014, 04:01 AM
You can turn any which way you like, but you have to face in the direction of movement while actually moving (you can turn around on the spot at the end still). But yes, you can turn tail and bravely run away :) Surprised he didn't headbutt you to keep you in place, or jam you with infantry - usually what happens unless you're well positioned with enlivened.

TSpot
02-24-2014, 04:42 AM
Or even better if he has a open hand, arm lock the revenger shield to get around enliven and the repulser shield in one swoop.

But as for your question you can definitely walk straight backwards and then turn and face forwards again.

Cheers,
T

GreyknightV6
02-24-2014, 06:00 AM
Not wishing to necro the thread, but does anybody know the answer to this question;

If a unit of Reeves CRA a jack with Enliven, which triggers first; Sic'em or Enliven?

Celebros
02-24-2014, 06:27 AM
If a unit of Reeves CRA a jack with Enliven, which triggers first; Sic'em or Enliven?

Both Enliven and Sic 'Em trigger "immediately after the attack is resolved", so the active player would choose.

EDIT - Incorrect. Please Disregard.

Falkman
02-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Both Enliven and Sic 'Em trigger "immediately after the attack is resolved", so the active player would choose.
No, you would follow the attack sequence chart at the back of Prime/Primal.
Inactive player effects (Enliven) resolve at 12c while active player effects that involve making an attack (Sic'em) resolve at 12d. Thus Enliven resolves before Sic'em.

Celebros
02-24-2014, 07:32 AM
No, you would follow the attack sequence chart at the back of Prime/Primal.
Inactive player effects (Enliven) resolve at 12c while active player effects that involve making an attack (Sic'em) resolve at 12d. Thus Enliven resolves before Sic'em.

Ack. I stand corrected.

Valander
02-24-2014, 08:22 AM
Let's keep the tactics discussion to the faction forums. And new questions should get new threads.

OP's question: yes, you can change facing as it is an advance.

2nd question: Falkman is correct.