PDA

View Full Version : Sacrosanct, etc. vs. Covering Fire, Suppressing Fire, etc.

Sanguinary Dan
03-03-2014, 04:32 PM
I'd say the title explains it all.

How do these rules interact?
1) Ignore Sacrosanct as it is the template's effect killing the protected model/s, not an enemy attack by an activated model/s.

2) The whole enemy unit is knocked on their butts because it's magic.

3) ???????

4) Profit.

I'm guessing it's option 1, but my wife and kids are watching a movie on my iPad and PP Digital isn't an option on my MacBook. :(

Stormpuppy_Infantry
03-03-2014, 04:49 PM
1 is correct, because models put the template does not actually kill the models. They are dead because struck by damaging AOE. Damage from damaging AOE generated by some model is not considered as damaged by models what put the AOE; damaged model was damaged by AOE itself. At first it is not an attack at all, but Sacrosanct requires to attacked and destroyed.

Phantasmagorium
03-03-2014, 04:51 PM
When an enemy non-warcaster, non-warlock destroys one or more models with an attack, immediately after the attack is resolved the attacking model is knocked down.

Covering Fire and similar effects are not attacks, and so never meet the trigger condition.

Leonard_Dukes
03-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Target a friendly Faction model/unit. When an enemy non-warcaster, non-warlock warrior model destroys one or more affected models with an attack, immediately after the attack is resolved the attacking model is knocked down.

Covering Fire and Suppressing fire are not attacks, they are orders/abilities which generate an area of effect template which, upon certain conditions being met, deals damage to some models.

The "etc" part of your question can only be answered if you give specific examples, but hopefully this much has been helpful.