PDA

View Full Version : Dark Sentinel Activation

feketelovag
03-05-2014, 01:27 AM
So Im just wondering if triggering Dark Sentinel is mandatory or if you can cherry pick when you want to use the ability?

So... would I have to use Dark Sentinel the first time an enemy model ends it's movement within 5" of Vayl?

Or

Could I ignore the first model that moves into the Dark Sentinel zone but poses no threat to Vayl? Keeping the Dark Sentinel back for a later model activation that I know will also end its move within 5" of Vayl but be actually threatening to her.

Basically, can my opponent throw some useless model near my warlock to use up my Dark Sentinel before activating another model to go in for the assassination?

Im guessing I can choose the when and where due to the "can immediately" wording instead of there just being "immediately".

Stormpuppy_Infantry
03-05-2014, 02:14 AM
Once per turn, when an enemy model ends its normal movement within 5" of this model, a friendly Faction warbeast within 5" of this model can immediately make a full advance followed by a normal melee or ranged attack targeting the enemy model. ...

It says can, so you can choose to do or not to do. If there is no can but it is equall with 'must', which you must do.

Leonard_Dukes
03-05-2014, 04:31 AM
It says can, so you can choose to do or not to do. If there is no can but it is equall with 'must', which you must do.

Alternately, some abilities trigger on "The first time that such-and-such happens, this model can blah blah". This gives you the choice of whether to use the ability (unlike "must") but only the first time the ability is triggered. If you decline to act then, you don't get a second chance.

But yes, as Stormpuppy Infantry says, Dark Sentinel can be used after any one movement that triggers it (or not at all), it doesn't have to be the first.

feketelovag
03-05-2014, 06:43 AM
Ok, I thought as much but always nice to get confirmation that it is how I imagine it to be. So thanks :).