PDA

View Full Version : Moving Shadows Interaction with CRA

FluffyZealot
03-06-2014, 06:03 PM
Hi there,

If I have a full unit of Steelhead Riflemen (10 models) affected by Gun and Run.
5 members of the unit then participate in a CRA to kill an enemy model, which it achieves.

Who gets to advance?

Is it only the unit member who initiated the CRA? Or all models in the unit which participated in the CRA? Or all models in the unit?

Here is the Gun and Run rule from Moving shadows:
(At the end of its activation, if a model with Gun-and-Run destroyed one or more enemy models with ranged attacks this activation it can make a full advance.)
-Gastone Crosse PDF from PP site.

Falkman
03-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Moving shadows only affects Gastone's battlegroup, so it has no effect at all on the Riflemen.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
03-06-2014, 06:13 PM
At first, Gastone Crosse is not released model.

And Moving Shadows affects its battlegroup. I remember that Steelhead Rifleman is not warjack, right?

If the unit actually have the ability, then only who lead the attack is actually attacks so only that model is affected, and the other participate is not attacking; they just forfeit attack.

sleet01
03-06-2014, 06:19 PM
A) Moving Shadows is battlegroup-only, it cannot be cast on a unit. So I'm not sure how the Steelhead Riflemen are getting it.

B) If there is another source of Gun and Run that can be cast on units which I am not aware of, then only the unit member who leads the CRA can make the subsequent advance. The other participating models do not make any attacks; they simply contribute their attacks for that activation to the CRA. Only the model leading the CRA has actually made an attack, so only it can benefit from Gun-and-Run.

Edit: Ninjas!

FluffyZealot
03-06-2014, 06:21 PM
I missed that one little word. "Battlegroup" :P

Thanks guys.