PDA

View Full Version : Units movement and charges

Asagauth
03-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Hello

our group plays the movement or charge of the units this way:

1. all models in the unit moves or make the charge movement until all models move.
2. then all models make their attacks until all models attack

is this right? or we can make one grunt move and attack and then do the same with the others one by one?

Thanks for the answers and sorry about my poor english.

WoldGnome
03-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Yes you are playing this correctly. But just to clarify point 1, once the unit receives the charge order they must charge or run. This just means that if they cant charge something they have to sacrifice their action to run and so cant shoot anything (if they have a gun) or make a special action.

Vorath
03-07-2014, 11:37 AM
you're correct. if you picture the mechanics of the unit to be the same as that of a solo you move, action, reform/overtake if applicable; so your Unit Moves, then your Unit Attacks, then your Unit follows up with tertiary if applicable. I've won games on it before when someone was overeager, declared an order, moved and then proceeded to action a single member of a unit and realized that they just forefitted the rest of the units activation, effectively choosing to run/charge 0" within their current facing. Some may say it's a jerk move, but i've also lost games for the same/similar reasons, and it only takes getting burned for that once or twice before the other player stops making this mistake, making them a better player and a better opponent.