PDA

View Full Version : Characters unrestricted (Steamroller) and warcasters/warlocks?

Falkman
03-13-2014, 03:41 PM
I just looked through SR 2014 regarding the Characters unrestricted list variant, and I can't find anything that prohibits me from fielding the same caster in two different lists. Am I missing something or is this intended?

yshsalas
03-13-2014, 07:25 PM
I cannot speak to intent, but this appears to be the case. Warcasters and warlocks are not given special treatment in the restrictions on page 1 under Army Lists, and don't seem to be under the variant either. They are just an FA: C model.

FatherLucant
03-14-2014, 08:16 AM
Are you claiming that the 2nd paragraph under Army Lists doesn't apply to warlocks and warcasters because they are not part of the list?

Under p18 of the mini rule book Encounter Levels (warmachine) it states that warcasters are included in your army.

If they are included in your army they are included in your army list.

If they are are part of the list then the model with FA C in the 2nd paragraph definitely applies to them, they are a model and have FA C.

So in conclusion, you cannot field 2 lists with same war caster/warlock.

Celebros
03-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Are you claiming that the 2nd paragraph under Army Lists doesn't apply to warlocks and warcasters because they are not part of the list?

Under p18 of the mini rule book Encounter Levels (warmachine) it states that warcasters are included in your army.

If they are are part of the list then the model with FA C in the 2nd paragraph definitely applies to them, they are a model and have FA C.

He is specifically referring the the Characters Unrestricted Variant in Steamroller 2014, which overrides standard Character Restictions.

Characters Unrestricted – Models and units with FA C can be included in more than one list

Falkman
03-14-2014, 08:42 AM

Please read the actual question before replying. I am asking about the Characters unrestricted army list variant that says the following:
"Characters Unrestricted – Models and units with FA C can be included in more than one list."

As far as I can see the only thing preventing me from taking the same warcaster in two different lists normally is the second paragraph that you refer to under Army lists, and Characters unrestricted removes that restriction. What I want to know is if there's any other restrictions somewhere in the rules preventing the same caster from being in two different lists or if the paragraph on page 1 is all there is. Because in that case Characters unrestricted do allow two different lists to run with the same warcaster, and in my opinion that just feels weird.

rydiafan
03-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Checking...

KnightoNi1894
03-14-2014, 11:57 AM
You may run different lists all with the same caster and different load outs in this variant.

Knight