PDA

View Full Version : Strafe and target switching

Alycard
03-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Had a game recently were I rolled a 4 for strafe attacks and finished off the Deathjack with the first shot, nothing was within 2". Would I get to declare a new target or are the other 3 shots gone? I played as they were gone since with the wording that seems to be how it works, but figured I'd check.

Alviaran
03-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Funny thing is a podcast with a judge actually talked about how this actually works:

-You do NOT allocate the shots
-Roll each attack and damage individually, sequentially but do NOT remove the models. They get hit and the damage roll is done, but the damage doesn't occur since they are all simultaneous.

So, if you "kill" the first target with your first shot, you can allocate more shots to him so you can allocate a second somewhere else.

None of this overrides the all within 2" of the original target rule. If you shoot at something with nothing else within 2", your shots all have to go into that original target. If you kill him on the first, then the rest have no valid targets and the shots are lost.

Oh, and if you ever see Rydiafan, tell him you totally heard about this from somewhere else not him, 'kay? Thanks.

SageofLodoss
03-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Had a game recently were I rolled a 4 for strafe attacks and finished off the Deathjack with the first shot, nothing was within 2". Would I get to declare a new target or are the other 3 shots gone? I played as they were gone since with the wording that seems to be how it works, but figured I'd check.

If there are no potential targets within 2" then you have no shots left after killing your one target. The other shots have to be put into either the same target or others within 2" of it, so you have nothing left to go after with the Strafe.

Alycard
03-20-2014, 11:46 AM
10-4. Thats what I thought, but figured I'd double check. Thanks