PDA

View Full Version : Explosivo aoe

Stubbyholders
03-23-2014, 08:39 PM
I just want to check, explosivo just grants magical weapon.? I have seen people refer to it giving aoe? But it's reads that if the weapon was aoe that it simply reduces it to aoe 3. What are these people talking about saying that it gives non aoe ranged attacks aoe? I don't get it

Hooch
03-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Read it again: actually says "If the weapon was AOE - it becomes AOE 3. Note the - (dash). Means if is NOT AOE, it becomes AOE 3. Hope that helps.

somersa91
03-23-2014, 08:59 PM
The relevant excerpt from Explosivo, as it appears in War Room:

When target friendly model makes a normal attack with a non-spray ranged weapo, the weapon gains Magical Weapon. If the weapon was AOE - it becomes AOE 3...

A model with no AOE on it's ranged attack (AOE -) becomes AOE 3 with Magical Weapon. A ranged attack that is already an AOE (AOE 3, AOE 4, or AOE 5) is not reduced in size, and only gains Magical Weapon.

EDIT: Ninja'd while searching for rules.

Stubbyholders
03-23-2014, 09:35 PM
great thanks, I was taking the - to just be a break and not (AOE -) awesome.

So then If I use it during Durgens Feat turn, i can make some boosted AOE attacked from normal Ranged attacks? is this correct?.

For example I give it to a Grunkback Gunner, it gets AOE 3 on a power 12, and then boosted Damage on all those hit.

vintersbastard
03-24-2014, 02:12 AM
So then If I use it during Durgens Feat turn, i can make some boosted AOE attacked from normal Ranged attacks? is this correct?.

For example I give it to a Grunkback Gunner, it gets AOE 3 on a power 12, and then boosted Damage on all those hit.Well, the blast damage rolls would only be POW 6, and to be precise, they would get an additional damage die, not a boost (and you cannot spend focus to boost Explosivo blast damage rolls).