PDA

View Full Version : Two Powerful Forces

DaKnub728
04-19-2010, 02:44 PM
I just threw this together a few moments ago. I hope you like it.

Through the thick brush and trees, Hoarluk Doomshaper strode with the massive bulk of Mulg the Ancient following. Doomshaper continued walking, when he stopped and jerked his head to the East. He smiled and sat on the ground. Mulg placed his rune club against a nearby tree and sat directly beside Hoarluk. Doomshaper sighed for a moment and looked up at Mulg, who was looking intentively at his little brother. He was growing tired of the dire troll's company. Indeed, he was engine of destruction and near invincible in battle, but everywhere Doomshaper went, the big Ophe followed. “Mulg, I sense a warlock of considerable power approaching,” he said. “But there is also another strange presence as well. It’s a warbeast with power comparable to your own.”
Mulg growled deeply in his throat and glared at Doomshaper with ferocious anger, as if insulted at the mere mention of such an entity. Doomshaper returned the glare. “Calm yourself. I never said that he was as powerful, just comparable.”
Mulg’s face softened, but not too much. Doomshaper continued, “They are coming from the East. Across the desert, so it must be a Skorne.”

Makeda strode swiftly through the sand and Karn kept up with her stride. They had been travelling for several days and were hoping to meet Gudrun in the forest beyond the wasteland. Karn stopped. He surveyed the area, and Makeda stopped as well. She tapped into his future predicting power and witnessed a large club with green glowing runes carved into the bark crashing down into the ground. “I recognized the runes on that club. That club belongs to that oversized behemoth that follows that damned Doomshaper. Molik, this is not what we were expecting, but I cannot deny the chance to destroy such a powerful asset to those wretched Trolls. Prepare yourself. We’re in for one bloody fight.”

Doomshaper rested his back against the trunk of the tree with Mulg sleeping soundly next to him. He cradled his thoughts on the approaching Skorne warlock and was curious to which it would be. He had never faced a Skorne warlock before, but he had heard many stories from Ironhide, who had faced many of them before. Ironhide had told him stories of Tyrant Xerxis, a brilliant tactician and undeniably strong warrior. There was also Lord Tyrant Hexeris, master of death and the controller of every life essence on a battlefield. However, there was one Skorne leader that was thought equal in strength to Ironhide, and that was Makeda, the leader of the Skorne army.
Doomshaper remembered one account of Makeda’s army rising from the dead to fight at her stead once more. Doomshaper loved the idea of this. More death meant more fun. Mulg would be very pleased to kill something twice, that is if it could escape from his belly first.
Doomshaper waited in anticipation for the approach of the warlock, with high hopes of the appearance of Makeda.

Makeda and Molik reached the edge of the desert and entered into a dense forest. They took very drastic steps knowing that Doomshaper could be hiding anywhere in the thick brush. If there was one thing she remembered about the trolls was their excellence of ambush.
Karn tailed closely behind Makeda with a scimitar in each of his massive hands. He sniffed the air and grunted at any tree limb or twig that broke underfoot. “Easy Karn. Don’t be too tense,” Makeda said.
Karn grunted in affirmation and laid his swords to his sides. “He’s here. I can feel it,” Makeda thought as the bellow of Mulg erupted throughout the forest as he crashed through a tree and swung at Karn with his club.

Doomshaper’s wish had come true. Makeda was the warlock he sensed. He saw the warbeast that stood to her side and studied the creature carefully. A giant, armored humanoid creature with a single eye visible in its helmet and giant sword in either hand blocked Mulg’s swing with both of the swords sinking deep into the bark of the rune club. It was a Cyclops, only much larger and faster. He could feel the energy erupt from warbeast as it knocked aside Mulg’s club and took quick slashes at Mulg’s stony hide.
Even though the Cyclops was large, it was nowhere near the size or strength of Mulg as the giant dire troll sent a fist crashing straight into the cyclops’s chest and flung into the air. It crashed through several trees and landed in a tangled mess among roots and fallen limbs.

Never had such a creature demonstrated such strength as Makeda had just witnessed. Not even a bronzeback titan had been able to knock Molik away with such ease. She turned to see the large troll glaring down at her as it raised its club high into the air and brought it down. Makeda threw herself to the side to just barely escape the crushing power of Mulg. It lifted the club from the ground and brought it down again to barely miss Makeda as she threw herself to another side.
Karn pushed trees apart and witnessed Mulg smashing the ground in attempt to crush Makeda with this club. Karn hauled himself up and ran forward. He reared back and sent one of his swords flying, aiming at the massive trolls face. Mulg turned at the last moment and sword sunk deep into his ribs. Mulg roared in pain and charged Karn with a renewed anger and much faster movements.

Doomshaper laughed out loud at the frantic face of Makeda as Mulg attempted to crush her. The Cyclops had recovered faster than he had anticipated and had damaged Mulg, but at the same time, angered him too. Doomshaper was shaking with excitement as he ripped a scroll from his back and read the ancient runes that had encrypted into the parchment to send Mulg into an even more angered attitude of bloodlust.
Little did he know that his laughing had given away his position and Makeda was steadily making her way through the forest and directly to him.

DaKnub728
04-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Makeda thrust herself through the brush and saw the crippled old trollkin smiling at the carnage that Mulg was creating. Behind her, Molik and Mulg continued to strike each other. Karn had managed to rip the sword loose from Mulg’s ribs and slashed over and over again at Mulg’s exposed belly. Mulg roared over and over again at the pain, but with every slash, the wounds would slowly close and scar. Karn continued slashing, until Mulg finally had enough. He fought through the pain of his belly and swung his club with brutal force, sending the Cyclops giant sailing through the forest once more and crashing into the underbrush, only this time, Karn did not get up.
Mulg stepped over him and brought the club up again to finish Molik off. The club came down with unprecedented speed. Molik brought up his two swords and stabbed directly beneath Mulg’s chin, just as the club met with his helmet, crushing it. Mulg wavered for a moment and then fell, his blood soaking into the earth. The forest went quiet and the only noise that could be heard was the cursing of Doomshaper and breaking of branches from Makeda.

Doomshaper stood in awe as his favorite weapon lay dead among the broken trees. He cursed into the sky and turned to walk away. Just as he did so, Makeda had made it to the clearing and brought a single sword from its hilt. She screamed as she jumped forward with the sword lifted high. Doomshaper turned just in time to see Makeda fall onto his chest. The sword plunged deep into his ribcage and pierced his lung. He did not scream, but grunted in pain, and looked at her snickering face with boiling anger.
“Well, I must say troll, you have certainly caused me plenty of trouble. Luckily, your lack of battle experience allowed me to take the advantage while your confidence blinded you from attack. Very foolish. I’m sure that you will never make that mistake again. Then again, I don’t plan on giving you that chance,” Makeda said, unsheathing her second sword.
Doomshaper smiled. “Unfortunately for you, your lack of battle experience with trolls has blinded you to our rapid regeneration capabilities. Ah, bless you, Dhunia for such a gift,”
“What do you mean, you wretch?”
Doomshaper pointed up, laughing, and Makeda turned. There stood Mulg picking his teeth with a sword from Molik Karn. He belched and Karn’s helmet flew from his mouth and landed in a patch of ferns, covered in saliva and bile. Makeda turned back to Doomshaper, anger flaring in her eyes, and brought the sword down into Doomshaper’s forehead. The laughing had stopped.

Mulg roared in anger and swung his club to smash into Makeda. She flew through the forest like a rag doll and slammed against a thick tree like a bug. She turned to her side and whimpered in pain and coughed blood onto the ground. She gathered her strength and crawled away through the bushes, coughing a blood trail as she went.

Mulg knelt gently over the corpse of Doomshaper. The runes of his back faded as he mourned the loss of his little brother. He picked Doomshaper off the ground as gently as a dire troll could and stomped through the forest, a single tear welling in his remaining eye.
“Put me down you, you fool!”
Mulg looked down at the seething face of Doomshaper, who had regenerated from his wounds. Mulg did as he was told and dropped Doomshaper to the ground with a hard thud. However, from the height of Mulg, this could have easily been eight feet in the air. Doomshaper rose and wobbled from the impact of the fall. “You dunce!” he shouted.
He strode back through the forest, with Mulg in tow, holding onto his back and shouting insult after insult at Mulg as he went.