PDA

View Full Version : Using models from Grind

warfteiner
03-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Hey all -

I'm fairly new to organized play for Warmachine/ Hordes, but I really enjoy the hobby side of it. I was wondering if I'd be able to use the Khador 'jack legs & torsos from Grind as substitutes for those same parts in the tabletop game. I have plenty of surplus heads, arms, and addons (bits for character 'jacks, for example) but I wanted to confirm that this sort of thing would fly before I try to field those models in Journeyman games or even our local Scars league.

Steamroller isn't really my bag, but if this sort of thing is cool... very much looking forward to giving my Khador 'jacks some unique flair! :)

Crate123
03-26-2014, 06:38 PM
If there is no mistaking the model for something else, then you are "probably" good to go. So make sure that all weapons are what they are supposed to be and so on.
For all tournaments though it is 100% up to the tournament organizer whether he says ok for your conversion.

warfteiner
03-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Crate123 -- that's pretty much how I was interpreting the text in the OP docs. I figure I'll order the parts (torsos, legs) and pray that I don't need to apply liberal amounts of green stuff to make them look "right".

The arms are official, as are the heads, so I know I'll be good with my local PG. He gave me clearance but still suggested that I post here anyhow.

Thanks! :)

Kingcolin7
03-26-2014, 09:35 PM
If you want exact rules, the model must be atleast 50% PP model and conversions to weapons making them appear different to what the card says then that is illegal. Example: Turning a spear into a sword. but adding fire to something to make it look like fire fists, Legal!

I hope that helps

Valander
03-27-2014, 06:35 AM
Conversions of any kind are always up to the event organizer.