PDA

View Full Version : [Zombies Keep Out] - All of the minis are the same sculpt?

BartThrall
04-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Let me start by saying I watched the tutorial and it looks like a fun board game. However, although I realize that the zombie's color is really the only important differentiating factor needed for gameplay...I really would have liked to see at least 1 unique zombie sculpt for each of the zombie types. Being a minis guy first, I would have liked to paint the figures in the set...but having identical sculpts for all of the zombies makes that prospect less appealing.

Also, when are we gonna finally see some miniatures for those mischievous fun-loving Bodgers? You could include a Cygnar card with each one and allow them to be included as Bodger mechanic helpers! Maybe make them exclusive web-store only options if you are worried about SKUs and distribution/low sales (unlikely).

tutenkharnage
04-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Yes, they all appear to be the same sculpt. From what I remember of my tour of GW HQ in Nottingham, I'm sure this was done for financial reasons. Four molds are four times more expensive than one! You might be able to repose the spindly arms after a little soak in hot water.

I'm 100% with you on hoping PP eventually produces minis for Puck, Lug, Riggs, Izzy, Keelie, and Guppy. I don't know whether they'll ever be produced, but I hope they will be!

rydiafan
04-14-2014, 04:05 PM
You could still paint them as long as you left the bases clean.

Chip
04-17-2014, 01:28 PM
I mod a lot of the games I own by painting the pieces etc, and this is a pretty common problem. I find it helps to just keep the identifying colour the main shade, and then add in other colours to taste. As an example, my City of Remnants dudes (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPPSaEhCEAIR5NC.jpg:large) have their gang colour as their main one, and then the rest is whatever I thought worked (it doesn't REALLY show on these, but the blue and green gangs are more "professional", so I painted them all identically with clean weapons, while the yellow and red gangs are more anarchic, so they got dyed hair, slightly weathered weapons and a larger colour palette that changed from model to model.).

Same model, different colours WITHOUT having to resort to leaving the base the identifying colour :D