PDA

View Full Version : charge + movement spells

stephan_vijf
04-09-2014, 12:21 PM
I have a question. Can you use a movement spell like velocity, energizer or gate crasher during your charge to extent movement??
or to move away of your charge target to get to a secondary target before the charge melee attack??

for example:
Butcher3 charges a friendly faction model but before is charge melee attack he cast energizer to move away and into melee with a enemy model, but out of range of his first target (friendly faction model).

Hopefully somebody can shine some light on this for me

Leonard_Dukes
04-09-2014, 12:28 PM
If the charge itself is successful - i.e. your model ends in melee range of its charge target - it can then use "at any time" abilities and cast spells.

In such a case, if you then end up with your charge target outside of melee range, you can then make a melee attack against another valid target, but it would not be a charge attack.

If you fail the charge initially, you cannot use an "any time" ability or cast a spell - the models' activation ends immediately.

Crate123
04-09-2014, 12:29 PM
If your charge is succesful, you can cast spells (including movement spells) before you make your charge attack. If you move away from your charge target however the first attack will NOT be a charge attack (with the bonuses and penalties that bring).
If your charge is failed, you can not cast any spells as your activation ends immediatly.