PDA

View Full Version : Refuge and blasts

baffman
04-14-2014, 05:19 PM
This just came up in a game I was playing. Aurora feats giving a Cipher refuge, then cipher then makes a flare attack and blast attack. Both miss but deviate onto models. Do those hits trigger refuge or do they need to be direct hits?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
04-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Well... by written Refuge requires only hit, not direct hit, and models in blast templates are hit but not direct hit, so I think that it will trigger Refuge. But is that really intended?

Hamster Food
04-14-2014, 05:38 PM
No, only the target can be hit by the attack unless there is a specific ability that causes another model to be hit instead. So blast hits do not count for refuge.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
04-14-2014, 05:54 PM
No, only the target can be hit by the attack unless there is a specific ability that causes another model to be hit instead. So blast hits do not count for refuge.

Every models in AOE of attack is hit, but not direct hit by attack. Only the target of attack is direct hit by the attack if the attack roll is successful. But because Refuge only requires to hit and does not requires to direct hit so missed blast attack will trigger Refuge if the AOE was hit at least one enemy model.

Still I wonder that it was what devs are intended or not.

Leonard_Dukes
04-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Well... by written Refuge requires only hit, not direct hit, and models in blast templates are hit but not direct hit, so I think that it will trigger Refuge. But is that really intended?

This is correct. Whether it's "intended" or not isn't really for us to debate (rather, it's for Infernals to ask), but bear in mind that the phrase "directly hit" exists for a reason. I'm sure the developers are aware of it.

Hamster Food
04-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Every models in AOE of attack is hit, but not direct hit by attack. Only the target of attack is direct hit by the attack if the attack roll is successful. But because Refuge only requires to hit and does not requires to direct hit so missed blast attack will trigger Refuge if the AOE was hit at least one enemy model.

Still I wonder that it was what devs are intended or not.

I stand corrected.
I'm not sure how I read that one wrong.

Falkman
04-15-2014, 02:38 AM
Drifting AOEs that still catch a model triggers Refuge as mentioned by Stormpuppy. It's also obviously intended since they used "hit" instead of "directly hit" in the rules for Refuge.