PDA

View Full Version : Stationary v Forfeiting Movement

cyranoinlondon
04-17-2014, 05:42 AM
In a sort of common sense way I had always assumed that stationary = not moved. But now I'm not so sure.

So if a model forfeits its move (for example to get an aiming bonus, or to stand up after being knocked down) does it then count as stationary in its opponent's subsequent turn?

That seems a bit odd - a sniper who doesn't move in order to get off an accurate shot is auto-hit if charged, a jack that stood up and made attacks but failed to kill of its melee opponents likewise. Byt maybe that's the way it is.

Thanks
C

noogai131
04-17-2014, 05:44 AM
Stationary cannot be forfeited to be removed. It can only be removed by shaking it off with focus. Otherwise, naturally, you will be unfrozen during your opponents next turn as it only lasts a single round, until a rue for Continuous Stationary comes out.

Caldazar
04-17-2014, 05:48 AM
Stationary in this game refers to a specific game effect(it dosen't mean not moving). Think of stationary as frozen solid by an effect like Freezing Grip. I had this same misconception when I started!

noogai131
04-17-2014, 05:49 AM
Ah, my apologies, I read the first sentence and jumped the gun.

If you forfeit your movement to aim, you are simply standing still. You still retain your models normal status, you are just choosing to stand still and shoot.

Leonard_Dukes
04-17-2014, 06:02 AM
"Stationary" is a specific effect that can be applied to a model, typically by a spell, feat or attack that will state "such and such model becomes Stationary".

Forfeiting a model's movement or advancing 0" does not make the model become Stationary.

cyranoinlondon
04-17-2014, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the replies folks. That makes more sense to me. A definition of Stationary in the rules would have helped :-)

Regards
C

Leonard_Dukes
04-17-2014, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the replies folks. That makes more sense to me. A definition of Stationary in the rules would have helped :-)

Regards
C

If you have the Quick Start Rules, it may not be listed. I assure you, it's in the core rule books, though, as well as in War Room.

The details aren't spelled out on the model cards, but the same goes for a great many abilities and effects.

vintersbastard
04-17-2014, 07:10 AM
The rules offer such a definition (on p. 64 of Prime) - in the future, it's probably smarter to reference the index at the end of the rulebook before posting around here :).