PDA

View Full Version : When do you tell your opponent they can't CRA a target

dudinator
04-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Certain rules prevent certain actions from happening. Is an opponent declares an attempt to do something they can't (i.e. charging Gaspy2 with Hellbound up) and must dedicate to the charge, but at a new target. If they attempt to charge but cannot at all (SPD debuff) you stop them right there and remind them they cannot perform that action. However, what about CRA's?

Let's say Captain Shae has Storm Rager up on himself (+2 STR,MAT,ARM, cannot be targeted by CRAs or CMAs) and the opponent declares an intent to CRA with 10 men against him, forgetting that he cannot be targeted. At what point should the opponent be stopped? Upon declaration of intent to perform a CRA and then stopping them or wait until they dedicate all 10 models to the shot and then have them dedicate to a new target?

Thank you.

Sigmatron
04-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Immediately, He can not be CRA'd so that is an illegal game state. Rewind to the last playable spot. I would allow my opponent to choose a new CRA target or take multiple single shots. But that's me

Blackraine
04-21-2014, 12:25 AM
If you have to hide information from your opponent in the hopes that he'll make a mistake and give you a "gotcha" moment, you don't deserve to win. I've you've got a game effect in place, whether it's a buff or an intrinsic ability, that your opponent obviously forgot about, a good sportsman will remind him and allow him to take it back. People that rely on hiding such information from their opponents to trick their opponents into making a mistake generally don't place very well in tournaments... primarily because the people that DO generally place well in tournaments don't make those kinds of mistakes. And if you're not even playing in a tournament... then you're kind of taking the "friendly" out of "friendly game".

solkan
04-21-2014, 12:27 AM
Unlike the process for casting spells, the process for combined attacks is pretty much all-or-nothing. Both of the examples in the rulebook are 'X models declare a combined attack against Y', and if that declaration isn't allowed then you take back the declaration and wouldn't be locked into declaring combined or non-combined attacks.

Grey Templar
04-21-2014, 06:35 AM
If you can't declare a CRA(or CMA) at a particular target, you rewind to before the illegal CRA was declared. Your opponent may choose to do something else instead.

Hamster Food
04-21-2014, 01:14 PM
This question has already been clearly answered already but I think it is worth noting that:

The key here is that the model cannot be targeted by a CRA or CMA.
If you cannot target a model then you cannot declare an attack against it.

dudinator
04-21-2014, 08:59 PM
Alright, thanks everybody. This thread can be closed now.