PDA

View Full Version : Stormsmiths and line of sight

scifisoldier
04-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Do Stormsmiths need line of sight for their stormcall ability. I know in MK I they did not, but I thought that had been changed with MK II.

At the last local game night another Cygnar player told me they did not. He said that there was errata stating that they no longer needed Line of Sight in MK II.

So if someone could clear this up for me that would be great.

Invaderzahn
04-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Stormsmiths need LOS in MK.II

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?t=9842&highlight=stormcall

Graymer
04-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Stormcall abilities require Stormsmiths to target the models they are using it on.

Targetting requires LOS.

So, yes. This is a change from MKI to MKII.

scifisoldier
04-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Does it still ignore stealth?

Dino-Czar
04-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Of course. It isn't an attack.

Valander
04-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Does it still ignore stealth?

Yes, and concealment and cover and anything else that modifies DEF of the target. As long as the Stormsmith has LOS, they can do the stormcall which is just a skill check, and therefore not modified by DEF bonuses and hit/miss adjustments.

Moris
04-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Would you please tell me where in the rulebook it is written that you need LOS for targeting with ALL Stormcall Abilities?

There is no such paragraph for Abilities/Skills under Targeting.

As far as I can see you need LOS only for *Single Strike, because it is an ability with RANGE. See pg.36 in the Rulebook.

Surge and Triangulation are abilities without a Range Stat.
Both say that you target, but with special terms to fulfill.
These are straigth lines between two Stormsmith or a triangle between three of them. (about:16_0%7Cabout:17_0%7Chttp://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=Ci4HO3kMAA&search=triangle& amp;trestr=0x2001)

Skills are no Attacks. Only those with a Range Stat need LOS (page 36).

PS:
On page 36 you can find a paragraph named: Special Rules, in which
you can find that special rules have precedence over standard rules.

Macallan
04-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Not in the rulebook but in Cygnar book.

Tactical Tip
Stormcall — Remember that stormcalls follow normal targeting restrictions and require LOS.

Works for all Stormcalls.

Moris
04-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Okay.
But why is it just a tactical tip and not a rule in the rulebook?
And why does it contrary to the Rules in that Rulebook?

I know i should life with your answer Macallan but I just have to ask because I'm realy confused.

vintersbastard
04-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Would you please tell me where in the rulebook it is written that you need LOS for targeting with ALL Stormcall Abilities?

Old question, old answer: (from Jan 15th 2010)

You're not wrong, but there will be an errata that you will always need LOS when you target a model.

Macallan
04-21-2010, 01:03 PM
No rulebook is perfect. We know how it works and it is in the book. It could be worst.