PDA

View Full Version : Quick incursion question.

Themainmenoth
04-29-2014, 03:10 PM
If I'm playing incursion, and I'm using Reznik1's tier list Judgement of fire, which allows me to play my 3 wracks 20" up the board, IF i place them at the very edge of that 20", they'd be exactly (mathematically speaking) 4" away from the flags (assuming I lined them up correctly) would this be suitable for contesting the flag?

Leonard_Dukes
04-29-2014, 03:17 PM
On the one hand, it should be trivially easy to demonstrate to you and your opponent that a model deployed with an edge exactly 20" from the back of your deployment zone should have that edge along a line that runs 4" away from the closest edge of the flag.

However, having the Wrack deployed such that it is even a thousandth of an inch "off" to the left or right would mean that it is just over 4" away from that flag.

I think that if you have an amiable opponent, they'll probably agree that this tolerance is "close enough" and say that the Wrack begins play contesting the flag.

Otherwise, you'd have a hard time demonstrating that you have precisely measured the left/right alignment of the Wrack such that it is exactly within 4".

Caladian
04-29-2014, 03:19 PM
Per pg 6 of the steamroller, "Warcasters, warlocks, inert warjacks, wild warbeasts, models that are fleeing, and models that are out of formation cannot contest. Enemy objectives cannot contest themselves."

Since, the wracks aren't any of them, yes they would contest.

[edit] Leanord don't forget the flag is a medium based model. So there is a good 20mm it extends onto each side of the middle of the table.

Gamut
04-29-2014, 03:21 PM
The flag is 40mm wide, your wrack would be 4" from the center of the table.

Themainmenoth
04-29-2014, 03:23 PM
I would assume that would come down to the judge's call, and I shouldn't be really bothered by it in a friendly game, but I wanted to make sure the idea itself is a legal call to make in the first place.

Edit:

The flag is 40mm wide, your wrack would be 4" from the center of the table.

you and caladian are right, I'm acting like the bases are 0 units wide here, lol ok thank you.

Caladian
04-29-2014, 03:25 PM
No Judge's call. you don't even need to line it up perfectly. You have to be 4" from the base of the flag which is 20mm(~.78inches) from the center of the table (40mm total).

Leonard_Dukes
04-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Well, yeah, I mean I guess if you want to actually treat a flag as a 40mm base like it's supposed to be, instead of a dimensionless point as...well...some of us were thinking...

Then yes, you should be fine, even eyeballing it.