PDA

View Full Version : Force lock and impact attacks

Sardonic Artery
05-09-2014, 05:29 AM
Can you tell I've got a tournament coming up? Sorry for abusing you, rules forum.

Anyway, I take runeshapers with Janissa. The runeshapers are charged by heavy cavalry that get forcelocked. As impacts occur within 1/2" I thought this meant that the runeshaper would still take an impact attack, but some say otherwise as they can't connect B2B. Does forcelock stop impact attacks or just minimize effectiveness by stopping the movement as soon as the cavalry enters 1/2"?

daoloth
05-09-2014, 05:51 AM
Based on what I can see in Warroom on impact attacks. The cavalry model has to contact a model to trigger the impact attacks.

The charge gets stopped at 1/2" and the impact contact does not take place. (unless there are some conveniently located models without force lock)

So no impact attacks I would say.

Mod_Neldar
05-09-2014, 06:49 AM
Impact attacks trigger when you contact a model. Once that happens all models within the mount melee range get attacked.

If Force Lock happens before contact with a model is made, impact attacks cannot be made.

SpiderBite
05-09-2014, 08:29 AM
impacts occur within 1/2"
... only after a model is contacted B2B style do you take your Mount attacks on everything in it's melee range.
so no impact attacks. ;)

Sardonic Artery
05-10-2014, 08:06 PM
... only after a model is contacted B2B style do you take your Mount attacks on everything in it's melee range.
so no impact attacks. ;)

Cool. That's how I played it today. Made me happy.