PDA

View Full Version : Had to be asked, New Errata and Lady Goat

Bully Bully Mahu
05-09-2014, 01:26 PM
So in the recent errata, this appeared:

"p. 72. Spells and Effects.
Add the following to the Spells and Effects text:
When a model’s special rule or spell allows its controller to choose or target a friendly unit, all models in that unit must be in formation."

How does this interact with Morvahna 2's feat? As a feat is neither a spell or an effect I am assuming nothing has changed.

SageofLodoss
05-09-2014, 01:29 PM
No interaction. A feat is not a spell, nor is her particular feat targetting a unit when she's bringing people back.

This errata is to stop people from running a unit way out of spell range, with the exception of one lone grunt who stays back near the caster so that unit spells like Iron Flesh can be cast on them after they are finished charging/running.

Also jokingly known as the "Khador Arc Node."

GiJoe_StormShadow
05-09-2014, 01:48 PM
The way I read it... If a single trooper is out of formation no models in the entire unit can be targeted. So you could throw a model out of formation and make that unit essentially un buffable the next turn unless it activates first to move everyone back into formation.

SageofLodoss
05-09-2014, 01:53 PM
The way I read it... If a single trooper is out of formation no models in the entire unit can be targeted. So you could throw a model out of formation and make that unit essentially un buffable the next turn unless it activates first to move everyone back into formation.

Right, anti-Khador Arc node.

There's not interaction with Morvahna2's feat or Scales of Fate. There is some interaction with whether or not she can target a unit with Carnivore, but was targeting an out of formation unit with Carnivore ever a thing? She's got 1 point teleporting arc nodes and ride-by casting.

VagrantPoet
05-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Which is super, super dumb. I hope that's not the case. It's even more weird, counter intuitive and exploitable than the exploitation it's replacing in that case.

Why not, the target of a 'unit' spell must be in formation for the unit to be affected. Or something to that effect, not this weird mess where you can try to kill middle bits of units to make them unbuffable, or where random gameplay will accidentally leave one guy out of formation, well, woops, no Battle lust unless you kill that Iron Fang Pikeman first.

I just don't get how this is... better?

SageofLodoss
05-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Which is super, super dumb. I hope that's not the case. It's even more weird, counter intuitive and exploitable than the exploitation it's replacing in that case.

Why not, the target of a 'unit' spell must be in formation for the unit to be affected. Or something to that effect, not this weird mess where you can try to kill middle bits of units to make them unbuffable, or where random gameplay will accidentally leave one guy out of formation, well, woops, no Battle lust unless you kill that Iron Fang Pikeman first.

I just don't get how this is... better?

It's relation to Morvahna2 has been covered here. There's an exploding thread on the general PP forum for the May Errata for discussion on whether or not it was a good change in your opinion.

baldrik78
05-09-2014, 05:54 PM
The errata says 'unit'. Nothing in Scales of fate or her feat references choosing or targetting a unit.

Vigilante
05-10-2014, 10:30 AM
Right, anti-Khador Arc node.

There's not interaction with Morvahna2's feat or Scales of Fate. There is some interaction with whether or not she can target a unit with Carnivore, but was targeting an out of formation unit with Carnivore ever a thing? She's got 1 point teleporting arc nodes and ride-by casting.
She's just light cavalry, not heavy cavalry. She doesn't have ride by, just light cavalry movement. But If you just meant that in that you finish your action (as per the errata a while back, changed from activation), perform light cavalry movement, then cast spells/feat: I apologize.